Americas Cup Regatta - StMaarten

VABeach

I'll be sailing on Fortuna for the holidays next month and am having a hard time getting a dive booked with the times that we will be there. Has anybody done the Americas Cup Regatta??? That sounds like it could be a fun backup.

How fast do they go? What about seasickness?? There have been a couple of times where I felt a bit queezy on a ship, but it's not the norm for me. Also, what kind of clothes would you wear during the Christmas season?

Thanks!! :D

I did the America's Cup Regatta in St. Marteen several years ago. It is the best excursion I've ever taken. I usually try to dive at as many ports as possible but this was a really unique experience. It's a competitive race where each participant is given a job. If it becomes too difficult (as it was for my wife) it is suggested that you move aside and enjoy the sail. If things go well the speed is pretty fast. These are actual former America's Cup participant boats. I don't remember anyone getting seasick but if that's a fear you could always take a non-drowsy dramamine before hand. It will get pretty windy so you may want a light jacket but it never gets very cold in St. Marteen.

Have a great time!

Archived