4x4 Jeep Adventure Grand Cayman offered on Majesty...have you done it?

luv2gocruzin

I am trying to decide what to do in Grand Cayman when we sail on the Majesty in a few weeks. Looking for someone that has done this tour.... if my hubby and I sign up for it, will we get our own jeep? Or do we have to share?

And how was the snorkeling?

Thanks!!

My wife and I also took a Jeep excursion on the Yucatan Peninsula when we were on a Royal Caribbean cruise. We had our own Jeep, however everyone else had to share - they went 4 to a Jeep, and, luckily we ended up being the "odd couple out". So, there may be no guarantee that you'll get your own. We thoroughly enjoyed it, althought I doubt if I would have enjoyed it as much if I hadn't been able to drive.

We did the Jeep 4 x 4 Rum Point Beach excursion when we cruised with Disney cruise lines in 2006 and it was good. We walked across the street from the dock to a local shop where we were picked up in 2 large SUV's and taken to the Jeep rental place. Our guide then rents the Jeeps and we were off. There were about 8 jeeps he had going that day and we lucked out and were the 2nd one in line. (3 couples got lost) He took us to various scenic areas on Grand Caymen as well as to Rum Point Beach. After that it was about a 20 mins drive along the coast to Rum point Beach where we spent 3 hrs enjoying and relaxing on the beautiful beach. As well a local bought over a stingray to the beach area for all of us to hold and take pictures of and didn't even ask for any money, etc. It was a great tour and the only thing I would recommend to the tour operator (who is a resident of the island for over 35 yrs) was that it would have been nice if each Jeep had a two way radio or walk talkie in them so he could narrate the driving tour and we all could hear about what we were seeing on the drive. As well, the other 3 couples that somehow got lost would have benefited from the walkie talkies as well. :rolleyes: Would highly recommend this tour..

Archived