Feedback requested from Regatta 11/13/2007 Barcelona to Miami

china addict

It's always interesting to read different perceptions of the same cruise and different interpretations of Oceania's "country club casual" dress code. This thread wandered off topic a bit, but I appreciate hearing from everyone.

China -- bottom line for Ian and I is that this transatlantic was one of the best vacations of our lives. Spending a few days in Barcelona followed by 12-nights on Regatta was perfect. Food was great, service was great, ship is one of the most beautiful at sea, etc., etc.

Hope you enjoy your cruise on Oceania in the future!

China Addict :There is a Duty Free Wine Shop in the Cruise Terminal at BCN, we bought three bottles and carried them on board. No problems at all. As long as we drank them in our cabin (or poured them in to a Regatta Glass) we were not hassled AT ALL. In the Azores we bought another 3 bottles, again . no hassle.

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the Regatta crossing from BCN to MIA and though "stormy" and "rocky" it was not as bad as we've seen on other ships in other seas. The funniest time was when we were playing Bridge in "Polo" and the wine closet came off the wall and "inched" across the floor.

I don't mean to trivialize it...but this is part of cruising. Every day is not "sunny" with flat seas. I wear patches behind the ears (one normally, but two if quite rocky and I do just fine).

Kudos to the staff, many of whom were ill, and still did their superb jobs with smiles on their :( faces. Everyone pulled together and we came through it just fine.

As far as the dress code...this was our 8th (with more already booked through 2009 -- Regatta Mia-BCN March '08, Nautica IST-ROM-SIN nov '08, Nautica HKG-ATN for the second time Apr '09) and I don't know why all the fuss. Oceania has a dress code, and as adults everyone is expected to be respectful of their fellow passengers and follow the code. Aside from that, wear what you want and ENJOY!! If you want to "dress up" then do so or NOT as the mood suits you. We've seen people bring "evening attire" to celebrate special occasions, but they have done so for their own enjoyment. The bottom line is ... do it for yourself, not because of what "other peolple will say or think."

Oceania is the best line in the world, and what makes it so is the staff on all three ships, the ships themselves and the positive attitude of the guests.

We are having so much fun that those of us, who are regulars, have been dubbed the O Cult Cruisers. So join us as we play around the world.

Archived