Ultimate Balcony Dinner whilst in port?

Suesancy

Hi - we are sailing on Sea Princess in March and are boarding and disembarking in Jamaica. The middle Saturday of the two week cruise is in Barbados - where we are in port until late in the evening (11p.m. I think) to enable newly joining passengers to board.

I really would like to do an Ultimate Balcony Dinner one night on this cruise and wondered whether booking it on that night would be a good idea? There will be little going on as everyone will be coming and going so we won't miss much. And it could be quite interesting sitting on our balcony watching all the arrivals etc. as well.

Does anyone know whether I would be able to book this - and if so is it a good idea? Also - long shot I know - does anyone know whether they use the same pier in Barbados and if so which side of the ship will be alongside?

I would think that they would not do the UBD on a turnaround day as you said there are people getting off and some getting on and might be very busy on that day especially the staff. That might be a question to ask Princess. I do know that we had the UBB on a port day while in Hawaii(Honolulu) but it was in the middle of the cruise.

Marilyn

I had a feeling that that might be the case...and as always Cruise Critic has supplied me with the answer. Shame - it would have been so good..oh well, will have to study the itinerary again and choose another night. Many thanks for you input

Hi Suesancy;

Two years ago on the Sea in Barbados, we did the Princess sponsored Sunset catamaran sail with snacks and open bar. There were 3 couples in our party and we had a blast. Nice ride, great service, and a lot of fun, but not rowdy or wild if you know what I mean. All 3 couples said we would do it again in a heartbeat. I hope they still offer it. It was just for Sea Princess pax's.

fair winds

Dave

Archived