Zuiderdam Obstructive View cabin Pictures

TravelerRoss

I am traveling on the Zuiderdam in Feb. and I'm curious to how the cabin is layed out for a Cat. GG cabiin. Is there a small couch and table as with the normal outside view cabins? I've heard that its the same set up as a balcony cabin, with a floor to ceiling window instead of sliding glass door found on the balcony. I would love to see some pics of inside the cabin.

Thanks

Ross

If it's set up the same way my cabin on the Noordam was, then, yes, there's a couch, table, and chair. Frankly, it was hard to use the couch because the table and chair blocked access. It would have been impossible to use the drawers under the couch---had I known about them. :rolleyes:

The floor to ceiling windows let in a lot of light! Loved them. :D

It was a very nice cabin.

Funny that the previous post mentions drawers under the couch, didn't know about that!

Neither did she! I found out about them after I returned.

The next time I was on the Noordam I had a quad-inside, so there were no drawers under the couch---it turned into a bed.

I do know about the drawers under the beds, though! I've used them many, many times. ;)

Travelerross,

i was in 2104 last year. i had the main portion of a boat obstructing the window. the room was nice and had the same layout as the balcony rooms. I walked in the door to the bathroom / closet hall and next there's a couch on one wall and desk/drawers on the other wall. then stepping past them is the bed with nightstands on either side. The only thing i missed was the sun to dry my wet stuff. I had a bottom level before and the sun was great for drying out my wet shoes. This year i'm trying one of the rooms betwee the boats. If you're not in the room much or wanting a view it is a great room. I liked the fact it was in the middle of the ship and close to everything. One floor or two up from all the services and shops and bars and more. I took the stairs everywhere.

michelle

Thank you for the pictures and the helpful information on the cabin and the layout. I am in cabin G4056 that is the first of the obstructive view cabins on the Upper Promenade Deck, and it's noted as a Partial Sea View. It was the same price as a inside cabin on the Main deck. I thought the location was better, and I need the extra natural light. While on the Caribbean Princess (RSVP Gay Cruise) Feb. 2007, I had a cabin with a huge verandah, but I never spent more than a few minutes at one time out there, so I opted to just get a cabin without verandah on the Zuideram.

Archived