Crab Feed in Ketchikan - any independent operators?

lucyjohnz

We're on the Celebrity Mercury on July 16th and have excursions planned in Juneau and Skagway, but haven't planned an excursion yet for Ketchikan. Our excursions in Juneau and Skagway are expensive ($100/pp and $200/pp for 4 of us) so I'm really starting to wince at adding another expensive excursion. I've seen that the Crab Feed excursion (which looks like great fun) is $139/pp through Celebrity. Do any independent companies do this excursion and charge less - even $20 less pp would save the 4 of us $80. I did look at one of the sites mentioned on this board and sent them an email, but they said on the site (haven't gotten an email reply yet) that they work through the cruise lines.

Thanks for your help!

Lucy

We found that it was easy to cut our cost by going ashore and finding the independent. Example: Princess wanted $179 for fishing in Ketchikan and we got it for $135. I don't know about the crab feed but my guess is you will find it for $100 if you go ashore and ask around the dock. We have book through the ship as well as via independent. Both are good, however, if you want to save money go independent. Look around on the web you may find the crab feed offered by the many independents who have web sites. Type in: crab feed excursion-Ketchikan and see what comes up?

Archived