Short review of Zuiderdam 8/28 - 9/7

drdaddy

drdaddy I remember you at the Joel Mason performance. He did pick on you a bit. We were also in the front row on the other side of the aisle. Are you really an eye doctor?

You should see what he did to the poor soul the next week. The guy was an entertainment company manager and Joel starting "playing up" to him. At the end, he made up a song ... something with words like "Charlie's gay."

I was laughing my ass off. Charlie took it in good stride though. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

See I think I would have loved the extended cruise with the extra sea days but then again I wasn't there so can't really say for sure.

I will say that we have only been on one HAL cruise and we loved it, I would hope HAL has learned some things from this summer since it was worse then any in recent memory and maybe make some changes.

If you really loved the ship you should give them another chance, maybe there were things they could have and should have done differently and maybe in the future they will. Don't close any doors. I am not going to beg you to reconsider because it really doesn't matter personally to me if you never cruise HAL again but am just saying that it is sad to let one bad experience because of one bad situation make you decide to never do something again.

Dexter,

Yeah, I really am an Eye Doc. The internet handle comes from the fact I became a doctor and a daddy at the same time. Kind of blew the board exams because of that! (My car tags have the same thing on them too!)

The reason Joel picked on me a bit is because I was a little flabbergasted at his outfits. I did applaud but I wasn't tossing my hands in the air and whooping it up like the others in the center front. As a matter of fact, I might have been sitting with my arms folded a little. We sat in the front all because of this board! My wife likes Elton so much and from what I heard on this board about Joel's performance, I thought she would really enjoy it. And we BOTH did, btw! He really is excellent. I didn't mind it one bit because I knew he was just cutting up a bit. It got a little funnier that night when we realized his cabin was two doors down from mine!! And I heard that he really did a job on the early show, again making up a song about him, too. I guess not much funny about the eye business (thank you, Lord) :-)

Archived