ECP

I am leaving on Dec.9/07 on Destiny sailing to:

San Juan, Puerto Rico

St. Thomas, USVI

Dominica

Barbados

St. Lucia, WI

Antigua

My question, how do I tell which are the legal taxis in each country? I know I should have search the messages myself to find this out already but I have used up a lot of time doing medical checkups/adjustments for the trip.

San Juan, Puerto Rico

St. Thomas, USVI

Dominica

Barbados

St. Lucia, WI

Antigua

My question, how do I tell which are the legal taxis in each country? I know I should have search the messages myself to find this out already but I have used up a lot of time doing medical checkups/adjustments for the trip.

In San Juan all the cabs are unionized and the fares fixed.. I dont think I have ever seen an illegal cab.

In the other island most of the port areas will have people at the terminal that will get you a taxi. I would suggest checking out the long Destiny thread and finding some of the great tours.

San Juan, Puerto Rico

St. Thomas, USVI

Dominica

Barbados

St. Lucia, WI

Antigua

Listen to the Port Talks by the cruise director... and read your daily "Capers" for updates and suggestions.....The last thing the cruiseline wants is for you to get taken advantage of or not brought back to the ship by those guys !

Thanks guys, San Juan was the biggie as my friend was going early (Friday) and would be there for two days before she could meet my girlfriend and I for the Sunday cruise out.

She was very worried about being on the island alone and not knowing which car she could take.

I plan to store the long Destiny thread on my computer and read it on the plane trip over. I know I have a condensed version somewhere but I don't think I record the cab information at that time.

Again Thanks to all. And yes, I plan to be at the port talks too.

Archived