New drink trend

Sugar13

• 4 weeks later...
Who would have thought it? Well, I would, since it is my favorite drink after our trip last summer. I wonder if this is why the Black Seal Rum price has gone up around $5 locally? :D

http://www.goslingsrum.com/whatsnew_article.asp?ArticleID=160

That is my favorite drink of all time too. Thankfully, I can occasionally find Barret's Ginger Beer in a store near me. The Goslings is worth the price too. It is so much better than any other dark rum I've tried! :cool:

Eric

Y'all appear to be talking about Dark & Stormy's made with Goslings Black Seal and Barritts Ginger Beer. One of my few disappointment with my cruise to Bda last Oct on Azamara Journey (other than not meeting bdaguy) was that they did not know how to make Dark & Stormy's. They filled a rickey glass three quartes of the way full with ginger beer and then floated some Black Rum on top and garnished with fruit pieces. Even when I swizzled them up a bit there was still too much bite from the ginger beer. On the other hand, the ones I had at the Hog Penny in Hamilton were superb. And, yeah, the rum swizzles at the Swizzle Inn are too die for as well.

Y'all appear to be talking about Dark & Stormy's made with Goslings Black Seal and Barritts Ginger Beer. One of my few disappointment with my cruise to Bda last Oct on Azamara Journey (other than not meeting bdaguy) was that they did not know how to make Dark & Stormy's. They filled a rickey glass three quartes of the way full with ginger beer and then floated some Black Rum on top and garnished with fruit pieces. Even when I swizzled them up a bit there was still too much bite from the ginger beer. On the other hand, the ones I had at the Hog Penny in Hamilton were superb. And, yeah, the rum swizzles at the Swizzle Inn are too die for as well.

Yep, Dave, that's the one. Gosling's had an article from the Denver Post on their website stating Dark 'N Stormys to be the new drink trend. It doesn't seem to have caught where I live. So, since we are not on the rock, we have resorted to making our own. I'm just glad the proper ingredients are available! :D

Archived