luggage tags

BambiRumsey

What if you need more luggage tags than are sent with your documents?

I just looked over my in-laws docs and they only have 4 luggage tags, two for each of them. Will they be able to get additional tags at the pier that will get their bags to their room?

We didn't get any luggage tags for Nov. 25 sailing of the Fortuna. We booked online and all documents were sent via email. Anyway, no problem getting luggage tags at the pier. You have to wind your way to the end of the building where they have the tags which you fill out with your cabin # and then your bags go into the bins. We arrived at 11:00AM and the bins were just being forklifted onto the sidewalk. The embarcation was very chaotic with long lines. Took abour 1 and a half hours to finally board. Cabins were ready at 1:00PM. We checked our carryons outside of the buffet and had lunch while we waited.

I agree with Monica... unless you're going back 2 back, two large suitcases or similar luggage should be plenty of room... Don't overpack!!! Except of the formal nights and evenings you'll be most likely wearing comfortable, casual clothes anyways. And during the day at sea and port days, all you wear is shorts and t-shirts...

A pair of swim trunks, flip flops, shirts and shoes and off you go... done packing!

Remember: You're going on a cruise... so NO SHOES, NO SHIRT, NO PROBLEM! (well... don't go WITHOUT a shirt into the dining room, or otherwise you might be the center of attention :eek: )

I want to personally carry on the ship very very little, my purse only really - I hate having to lug it around the ship until we can get in the cabins.

This is their 1st cruise so I have no idea what they are packing. I know for the three of us, Me, Matt and Hannah, we'll have 5-6 bags to check with the porters but we each have 2 tags so no problem. But we've cruised a few times so I have our cruise "uniforms" pretty much down pat. Hannah tends to have the most stuff because she gets dirtier than Matt & I do, more opportunity for spills and mishaps......

We also bring our own snorkel gear which takes up it's own bag.

Totally agree with Monica and Andy, more than two suitcases are never required - Caribbean and Mediterranean cruise are totally casual except for the formal night.

We only (at least I only) have two hands for the trolley and a shoulder for the carry-on, also don't forget almost everyone returns with more weight (all those midnight delights, presents, souveniers etc). Where does one store so many suitcases in the cabin?

Last Arpril we had a week in NY followed by a week in Florida and then 18 days transatlantic crossing on the Mediterranea, so we needed warm clothes for NY and light casual clothes for the rest of the time.

We boarded the Med in FL each with two suitcases (trolleys), a shoulder bag as a carry-on and I also hand carried the "very large plain brown paper bag". ;)

Travel light - travel far.

Ron

the suitcases fit very nicely either under the bed or I nest them within each other and put them in the bottom of a closet. I also use an empty suitcase, unzipped at top for a hamper in one of the closets.

I also ALWAYS pack an empty duffle type bag inside one of my suitcases so I have an extra for gifts/trinkets if I need it on the way home.

We travel from a colder part of the country so we do need at least one warm, bulky outfit for the trip home.

Archived