anyother tours in calica besides ED

flcruiser13

Do your own tour. Get a car. Go to Hidden world or Dos Ochos for cenote snorkel. You can also zipline at Hidden world. Go to Akumal and snorkel Akumal Bay, YalKu. Have lunch at Lol Ha, La buena vida, Loncheria, La Cueva Peascador or just have shrimp/fish taco's at Lucy's. All the restaurants are in Akumal.

Well, you don't actually mention what type of things you are looking to do or see on your tour. Alltournatives is another tour operator in the area (which coincidentally Eddie also recommends).

Sure there is competition. Everyone you run into that drives a Taxi knows someone, has a friend, or is, a tour guide. :)

Depending on what you want to do, you could probably show up anywhere and hire a tour guide for that attraction. You may get lucky and have a great guide, or you may not get so lucky. (we've also had bad guides on paid tours).

FWIW, Edventures doesn't just charge you whatever, Although it seems very informal, they do have a set price list and they are priced below their competitors. What you pay and your experience will depend on how you chose to spend your day and how talkative you're feeling.

so to answer your original question, I'll preface this by saying I have not used these companies, only know they have tours in the area. Grayline, EntertainmentPlus, Mayaland.

For us, our day on our edventure tour was among the best we've spent in the area. I'd rank Chichen Itza above it, but that's comparing apples n oranges. :)

Recently moved to puerto aventuras (near) calica and just joined this forum. There are for sure many operators that you can go through but for what I have learned living here, they mainly operate with hotel guests.

If I have a chance I'll do a little research and will post here...

Anyways doing activities on your own is also an option.

• 2 weeks later...

Like BSQ said there are plenty of other tour companies but they don't advertise as well because they just hit up hotel guest more. I will say one thing. I would have paid $200 for the tour we did with Eddie through Edventures. I am going back this coming March and probably doing it again! For their price you can't go wrong!! Its a full day of fun and you tell them what you want to do and how long you want to do it. Have a great trip!

Archived