2008 QV Full World Cruise numbers ???

jeno

We are on the QV from NYC to Southampton (returning to NYC on the QM2). We are curious as to how many passengers will be on for the full cruise. On the roll call thread there are two solo women travelers, my husband and me. Does anyone have any idea what the percentage of full world travelers usually is to the segment travelers? Is there anyone else on the full QV World for 2008? Jeanne

We are on the QV from NYC to Southampton (returning to NYC on the QM2). We are curious as to how many passengers will be on for the full cruise. On the roll call thread there are two solo women travelers, my husband and me. Does anyone have any idea what the percentage of full world travelers usually is to the segment travelers? Is there anyone else on the full QV World for 2008? Jeanne

I believe 900 were full world cruise last year on QE2, one of the highest numbers to date. There were also many on for a segment or multiple segments; then there were short stays, some as few as 8 & 11 days. It is interesting to see how the tone of the ship changes when the major segment turnovers happen at places like LA, Sydney, Hong Kong & Singapore.

All the best for a happy voyage,

Bobby

Thanks Bobby,

I am glad to hear what the numbers were on the QE2. Believe it or not when I called Cunard, they said they had no idea how many were on the full QV World. I thougth that was pretty unbelievable. Sometimes they really surprise me.

Jeanne

I did a segment of a world cruise with Crystal about 3-4 years ago, on a 1000 passenger ship, only 100 were world cruisers, 200 of us were segment passengers, (Sydney to LA).

Sadly I found the World Cruisers on that particular voyage, really made their dislike of the segment people known - including also I am sorry to say the CEO .

Still I booked for NY to LA on the QV 2009 segment of that world cruise, and I hope for better treatment . Not being able to afford the whole world cruise should not rate you inferior treatment from anyone, staff or fellow passengers.

Archived