Does NWA ever have seat sales?

MommaOML

Air Canada often has these one day seat sales where certain flights are half off. Does Northwest Airlines ever do something like that? Anyone care to guess if they will have a seat sale in the next 60 days?

I really prefer the flight options on NWA for our upcoming cruise (only one plane change), however the price is just a wee bit better on AC (but 2 plane changes).

Certainly Northwest offers sales but not for all flights. Best is probably to set up a fare watcher on a site like Fare Compare, Travelocity, etc. Then be watching the fare like a hawk and if/when the price drops, buy. But note that even if there is a fare sale, the fare type that is on sale might be sold out for the dates/flights you want. If the fare is just a "wee bit" better on Air Canada, you might be taking your chances in waiting.

I get email notifications every so often from them. But their fares really fluctuate on a day by day basis as well, so you have to keep checking. When I booked my flights, the fares went up and down in a $200pp range for a couple weeks.

I don't know your definition of "a wee bit better" for the AC price, but I'd go for convenience over cost if the difference wasn't hundreds of dollars.

I don't know your definition of "a wee bit better" for the AC price, but I'd go for convenience over cost if the difference wasn't hundreds of dollars.

"Wee bit better" ranges between $30 pp and $100 pp, depending on the day that I check.

I have it set up on Farewatcher, but I don't know that I have it done correctly, because I never got a notification that NWA dropped their price. When I first started looking a month ago, their flights were $1000 pp, now it's down in the $600 pp range.

I would probably save myself a lot of grief if I just booked the darn flights now, and not quibble over a few hundred dollars. But, I do love the excitement of getting a good deal ... which is why I hang on as long as possible.

Certainly Northwest offers sales but not for all flights. Best is probably to set up a fare watcher on a site like Fare Compare, Travelocity, etc. Then be watching the fare like a hawk and if/when the price drops, buy. But note that even if there is a fare sale, the fare type that is on sale might be sold out for the dates/flights you want. If the fare is just a "wee bit" better on Air Canada, you might be taking your chances in waiting.

Like most airlines, you have to sign up on thier email list so you know about them. I get emails from NWA about once a week on sales they have.

Archived