tips and S&S card

stargazer78

I have a question regarding the tips being put on the S&S card. I keep reading that they charge the tips to your S&S card, do they do this if you click the pre-pay option when you are booking your cruise? I am planning a cruise for 3/'09 and was planning on pre-paying the tips so that I don't have to worry about it while onboard. I also want to use cash for my S&S card as I don't plan to spend very much, if any, while onboard. I want my S&S card to remain empty.

Thanks In Advance,

Marj

I have a question regarding the tips being put on the S&S card. I keep reading that they charge the tips to your S&S card, do they do this if you click the pre-pay option when you are booking your cruise? I am planning a cruise for 3/'09 and was planning on pre-paying the tips so that I don't have to worry about it while onboard. I also want to use cash for my S&S card as I don't plan to spend very much, if any, while onboard. I want my S&S card to remain empty.

Thanks In Advance,

Marj

Nope... if you elect to pre-pay the standard tip there's no charge against your Sail and Sign card.

You'll need to put some cash on your S&S card to activate it. What you don't spend will be returned to you in the form of a check the last night/early morning of your cruise.

How rude of me, I forgot, WELCOME!!!

:D

If you pre-pay gratuities they will not appear on your shipboard account. If you do not pre-pay they will appear on your shipboard account. Either way you can add to, reduce or remove the tips from your account simply by asking at the purser's desk.

Thanks for the welcome and the answers! The standard tip amount is very reasonable IMO and I don't mind paying that amount AT ALL! I just want to figure it into the cost of my cruise and have as much paid upfront as possible. I do plan on putting the minimum amount allowed on my S&S card in cash, I just don't plan on spending it ;) .

Thanks again,

Marj

Archived