Thermal sanctuary on Coral Princess

Go-Bucks!

Anybody like to share their thoughts on the "thermal sanctuary" (or thermal suites - I've seen it called both) that is in the spa area.

What services does it provide? Did you like them? What is the cost? Did you feel it was worth the cost?

Our next cruise will have 6 sea days and I like the spa, so was wondering if this would be a nice way to spend part of the sea days.

Thanks!

I just got off the Coral Princess on December 10 and loved the thermal suite. They only sell about 25 passes for it and covers your entire cruise. The price for 1 person was around $105 and $180 for a couple. (This is for the 10 day cruise.)

The suite included four thermal beds, a sauna, two steam rooms, an aromatherapy room, and the rain forest shower, which has oils in the water, and a regular shower. They had beach towels, regular towels, and cool washrags for the back of your neck. Also they provided some nice flavored water to cool down.

Many times I would be in there completely by myself, which was really nice. I thought it was very relaxing and would do it again in a second!

Hope this helps...

VB1

What exactly are the thermal beds? What do they do for you?

Can you go anytime and stay for as long as you like or do you need to make reservations?

Does the shower with oils in it feel nice as a final thing to do or does it make you greasy?

Finally, did you like the aromatherapy? I've never tried it, but heard it's relaxing.

Thanks!!

I enjoyed spending time in the Thermal Suite on Island Princess. There are no windows, but it's a nice quiet place to relax.

The thermal beds are heated tile beds - they are very relaxing and a great way to get ready for a massage. I don't think that you need to make reservations, just need to have a pass. Never tried the rainforest shower, but aromatherapy is great - find the scent for what you want to address, like relaxation or rejunvination, and you're on your way. The people at the spa can help you find what's right for you.

• 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I love thermal suites in general. Some of them have several heat rooms like wet and dry saunas and steam rooms and a few even have therapeutic pools! The one on Coral Princess is very small and has no windows and no pool. I find it quite claustrophobic but others might feel like they are in a cozy cuccoon. I was offered a pass for $160 for a 10 day cruise starting December 12, 2014. I have been on cruises in cold weather (Alaska and sailing from New York in January) where I just lived in the ther am suite. If you are cruising in warm places you need to decide whether you would rather be outside at one of the pools.

You buy the pass either at the passenger services desk as soon as you get on the boat or at the spa during your tour of the facility. On the boats with the fancy, big thermal suites the passes sell out fast so do your homework and find out what your particular boat offers before you go.

Hope this helps