Dolphin Swim: Book w/ship or directly w/park?

missliad

i'm sure it is - the two excursions offered thru RCL are the Dolphin Swim & Ride (CZF9) and the Dolphin Swim Adventure (CZ14) and they are both the same price $149...maybe its an error? I dont know but if its the same as what is offered thru the park maybe its a better deal to go with the ship?

Since I cruise Carnival, I'm not familiar with the RCL excursions. However, I am wondering if you are looking at excursions at two different locations...one at Chankanaab and one at the new facility, Dolphinaris? The fact that the prices are the same makes me think this is what is being offered. On my upcoming cruise, Carnival lists dolphin swims at both locations, at almost the same price.

We booked the Royal Swim directly through Dolphin Discovery.... HIGHLY recommend it!!

I would check re: ships excursions. From what I heard, the ship does not offer the Royal Swim.

When we did the Royal Swim, we got to hug & kiss the dolphins, get a dorsal tow, foot push (very cool), and we got a bit of "free time"- where we were all in a line & helped give signals to the dolphins.

The Royal Swim is the most $$, but you get to do the most with the dolphins. We had 7 people in our group and I think we had lots of time with the dolphins.

if you book it on your own, take a copy of your credit card statement. When we got to the park they told us we'd only made a deposit, and not paid in full. We had four reservations so I really didn't want to have to pay anything in addition to what I'd already paid. I showed them the copy of my statement and it was resolved. I'd have not thought of this, but another poster on this board posted this info after going through the same thing. I don't think this is something that's common, but if you have your statement, I'd bring it along. :)

Archived