Creole Rock in St. Martin

JennyT

Hi Jenny,

We took an excursion to Creole Rock last Jan. It cost $35 per person on the Sand Dollar(a fairly small motorboat with small shade cover). I think the trip length was about 3 and 1/2 hours. It leaves from the Pelican Marina. We thought it was a great snorkel trip (much better snorkeling than we found at Pinel Island.) We also have taken a huge catmaran from downtown Phillipsburg to Tintmare Island (Golden Eagle I think was the name). It was a fun trip but I thought the snorkeling at Creole Rock was better. You also have a scenic tour of Grand Case and the Marigot Harbor on the Sand Dollar. Hope this helps.

Barbarag

If you are coming in on cruise ship and want to try the Sand Dollar tour, then make sure you have a lot of time between when the ship is to dock and their excursion departure time. We had heard great things about the snorkeling at Creole Rock and wanted to try it and also heard that people had used Sand Dollar snorkeling and really enjoyed it. So we contacted Sand Dollar snorkeling, who told us they had a set time for their afternoon tour. (The ship didn't even dock at St. Martin before the morning tour). I was concerned that we wouldn't have enough time to get from the ship to the tour, but Sand Dollar was sure there would be enough time.

When we got off the ship, we immediately got a taxi and went to the Sand Dollar tour office, which is located very close to where their boat leaves. We were 15 minutes late and they didn't wait--the tour left without us. Although I had pre-paid by credit card (pre-payment is their requirement), they did refund the money--so they were honest and fair about that. I was somewhat upset that they didn't wait since they knew we were coming and knew of the timing involved. The taxi cost us $20 total each way, so we wasted $40 and didn't get to snorkel.

I wouldn't try this again unless the ship was scheduled to dock at least two hours before the excursion was to take place.

Kathy

Archived