Hello from the Rotterdam

infohunter

We cruised on Rotterdam through Europe for 40 days in August and September. If you happen to come across Lilo and Torvec serving in the dining room or Lido please send love from their Australian family, Jennie, Paul, Sean and Corinne. Lilo is quite easy to find as he is somewhat "more cuddly" in size than the other waiters. Also our Turkish head waiter named Ozcar. I hope you don't need to go to the medical room, but if you do, could you PLEASE thank the doctor for literally saving my life. I tore a calf muscle playing volleyball and at the end of the cruise he suggested I have it checked on land for bloodclots. I did and spent 6 days in Paris hospital with 2 bloodclots in the leg - I am only 47 so quite a shock! Is "Booze" still chanting his cheery callls. Enjoy your time and thank you for sharing your journey.

Jennie

Just arrived in Valpairaso.... worry about not answering everyones question but internet has been frustrating. If you get on then it bounces you off just as you are ready to send/post.....

I'm staying in the area a couple of days before heading home. I'm then hoping to type up a full report of our trip for everyones ejoyment.

Overall this trip was 5 stars in terms of destinations..... Also loved the ship but was annoyed on a couple of things which I'll mention later when I get home.

Oh.... I agree with everyone that the Pinnacle Volcano cake is very very yummy!

For those just now boarding and will be boarding over the next couple of months.... Hope you have as great as time as we had!

Signing off for now.....

Well I'm at home and am now in the penalty phase for taking a vacation... However things are unfortunately returning to normal. Asked the husband today what day it was and his reply.... go check the carpet ;) Well ours doesn't change like the elevators.... so I'll have to go back to checking my PDA. What a pain.....

However I'm commenting about the question about what to pack..... I didn't take into account how hot and sticky it was going to be in Rio and Santiago. So I wish I had packed more t-shirts. We were in Rio for a couple of days and we both basically kept changing our shirts due to the humidity. So the first night aboard I was doing laundry ;) I also found that I didn't wear all of the sweaters I had taken. Found that I wore my favorite sweater vest most days when the weather turned cold.

Wish that I had brought some ear muffs or a head band. I used my scarf but sometimes things were a little windy so ear muffs probably would have been better.

Found that layers are really the key!

Only other suggestion is that while I could bring 4 suit cases under the plane.... I didn't take into account the size of the suit cases.... One of my cases that I took was actually a a weekender size. Should have made sure that all four suitcases were large so that I had that extra space for items we purchased. Packing for home was a little tight! Lucky for us they didn't weigh out carry ones..... we also wear photo type travel vests on the plane and they also hold a lot of small items ;)

Have fun... and please take the advice my dad gave me... take half the clothes and twice the money!

Archived