MaXjet ceases operations-Bankrupt

CaroleSP

I was so sad to read that this business class airline had ceased operations. We had a wonderful trip to London a few months ago and did hope to fly with them again. The paper indicated that all stranded flyers have been put up at hotels. Hope they all arrive at their final destinations safely.

I also read that stranded passengers are being put on EOS and Virgin Atlantic flights, and a news report said Continental. I hope these people were all getting business class seats (well, EOS is all-business anyway).

I few MAXjet last May and loved it. The service and comfort was wonderful for the very reasonable price point they were selling tickets at. Their customer service phone line was extremely helpful. The check-in and lounge staff were cheerful and efficient. My mom & I are going to go to England in 2009, and I was planning to fly us over on MAXjet. Oh well. :(

I also read that stranded passengers are being put on EOS and Virgin Atlantic flights, and a news report said Continental. I hope these people were all getting business class seats (well, EOS is all-business anyway).

I few MAXjet last May and loved it. The service and comfort was wonderful for the very reasonable price point they were selling tickets at. Their customer service phone line was extremely helpful. The check-in and lounge staff were cheerful and efficient. My mom & I are going to go to England in 2009, and I was planning to fly us over on MAXjet. Oh well. :(

I agree, the service from check in to final destination, it was "first class". I guess the good news is that you didn't purchase your tickets far in advance.:rolleyes:

We flew EOS on the 23rd.

We were going to fly Maxjet but opted for the flatbeds. It was a fantastic flight and we fully intended to try Maxjet as well.

I hope this is not the harbinger of things to come for all business class airlines including l'avion and silverjet - as I hoped these airlines were to be the way ahead.

I will say this, when some companies go out of business they leave their passengers high and dry, maxjet was classy. It appears hotel rooms were provided and Eos, Silverjet and Continental are organized to help out. I am sure, too, it will involve some expense to themselves to assist stranded passengers. Bravo to these three airlines.

Bravo too, to Maxjet, for their class, their vision and their really great effort.

I was so sad to read that this business class airline had ceased operations. We had a wonderful trip to London a few months ago and did hope to fly with them again. The paper indicated that all stranded flyers have been put up at hotels. Hope they all arrive at their final destinations safely.

It is always sad to see an airline fold up their tents and, go home.

Both for the customers and, the employees.

I am 100% sure they did everything to make

their airline successful.

One thing I found in 40 years of the aviation business, is how

to make a small fortune in the airline business. :confused:

That is to start up an airline with a large fortune... :mad:

Archived