So, I assume that ......

kajsb

Carnival only does cruises through the Panama Canal when ships are being repositioned. How often do repostionings occur? Willl it be years before I have another chance to book such a cruise? I know that right now there are no cruises available for booking. :(

After watching the Paradise go through the Canal, I am determined that I will take this cruise one day. And if necessary, I will go for an inside room. Those are words I thought I would never say. And when I sail through, I will know which side of the ship to be on for the webcam and I will have a large banner advertising that I made it! :D

Any one with experience or general knowledge on the cruises through the Canal?

Thanks,

Kathy

Longer cruises are frequented by older passengers. I am in my late 50s and felt like the kid on the block on my HAL cruise a few years ago.

HAL has more Panama canal transit cruises.

We LOVED our Panama canal cruise. The ship did an entire transit during daylight. In addition, they had somebody onboard giving history and engineering comentary. We were on the Ryndam and it WAS a reposition - because we wanted the longest cruise our money could buy. It was 17 days from Canada to Florida (including a hurricane.)

Even with a balcony, we spent much of the transit time on deck so that we got the full 360 view.

Archived