Just returned from the Valor

bridkid

We just returned from Valor 12/23 sailing with our 20 year old son and 16 year old daughter. We had a fantastic time.

Arrived at the port at 11:30 and were on the ship by 11:45.

The weather was great - only 20 minutes of rain the whole time.

Ports of call:

Belize - went cave-tubing. It was a fun experience but it does get a little chilly in the caves

Roatan - Used Bodden tours. We went zip-lining and snorkeling plus a tour of the island. This is now our favorite port from all our cruises. I'd love to go back and spend a week.

Cayman : chilled out on 7-mile beach

If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer

thanks for the quick recap...looking at this ship for next year. Have three kids but oldest is in your kids age range, so glad to hear they all had fun.

I went on the Liberty to Key West Jamacia and Grand Caymen with my 3 boys ages 25,23,and 21 and 7 of their friends. We also went with a group of people who had kids ranging from 5-16 years old. Everyone had a great time. Just be sure to include the kids in the decsion making and give them some free time on the ship on their on and a good time will be had by all.:) :)

right on! We are on the Valor next week doing the same itinerary. do you pack alot of long sleeved stuff? I do not see the need for it and we are trying to figure all of that out now....

We are cave tubing, Ziplining with Victor and hanging at a resort in Cozumel..nothing booked for Cayman. the whole stingray thing does not do much for me...

right on! We are on the Valor next week doing the same itinerary. do you pack alot of long sleeved stuff? I do not see the need for it and we are trying to figure all of that out now....

We are cave tubing, Ziplining with Victor and hanging at a resort in Cozumel..nothing booked for Cayman. the whole stingray thing does not do much for me...

Do the island tour in the Caymens or the Pirate ship excursion. Both very good!

We were in short sleeves during the day. At night we wore long pants and you may need a sweatshirt if you are out on deck as it can get windy.

We did the jungle canopy zip line (recommended by Ali, our guide). Unlike the carnival tour we did not weer a helmet or gloves. I saw the dvd of the carnival trip and basically they would go down placing their hand on the cable to brake, nothing fancy. By the end of our zipline we were jumping off the platforms going upside down without holding on, and I hate heights!! You'll have a blast.

If possible try and get to the pier early, around 11:30. You get on the ship really quickly and feel like you have an extra day.

We booked boddentours privately (you can check boddentours.com). We did the jungle canopy. I hate heights but by the end I was jumping off the platforms, handsfree and going upside down. We all had a blast!

You just tell them what you want to do and they'll take you there. Within 5 minutes of leaving the ship we were introduced to our guide, Ali, and the 4 of us were in his car on the road - not a minute was wasted.

I went on the Liberty to Key West Jamacia and Grand Caymen with my 3 boys ages 25,23,and 21 and 7 of their friends. We also went with a group of people who had kids ranging from 5-16 years old. Everyone had a great time. Just be sure to include the kids in the decsion making and give them some free time on the ship on their on and a good time will be had by all.:) :)

This makes me feel better...just don't want to have bored kids out in the middle of the ocean. The Valor looks great, haven't done the Western yet so looking forward to taking this route. Valor has a dry dock I think coming up soon, so will be in great shape for the summer.

Thanks again, Alice

PS I like that cool screen name--remember a minor league hockey team with your name...knew a player from the team years back--don't know where he plays now.

Archived