Behind the scene tours

stevebeme

We are planning on going to the mexican riviera Jan 2009 (yeah I like to start early) and from what I see on the brochure the ship will be the Sapphire.

I was wondering if you can get a behind the scenes look at how the ship operates such as getting a look at the engine rooms and the kitchens and such. I imagine that the bridge is out of the question but how cool would that be.

Thanks

We are planning on going to the mexican riviera Jan 2009 (yeah I like to start early) and from what I see on the brochure the ship will be the Sapphire.

I was wondering if you can get a behind the scenes look at how the ship operates such as getting a look at the engine rooms and the kitchens and such. I imagine that the bridge is out of the question but how cool would that be.

Thanks

We have been invited to the bridge our last 10 cruises and to the galley once during dinner,but the engine room is usually off limits.

My DH and I were on the Sapphire two years ago for the Mexican riveria itinerary. They offered a galley tour on the last sea day, we were on the Crown last spring and they too offered a galley tour on the last sea day, so it seems like a pretty consistent event. Still haven't managed to get a bridge tour though, they seem pretty rare to come by these days.

All but impossible to get into the engine room.

Some people have gotten bridge tours by writing a personal note to the Captain, requesting Purser's Office deliver the note.

Not uncommon to have galley tours, and occasionally tours "behind the stage".

Good luck.

Indeed, the engine room(s) and power plant would be Great.. but the Bridge Tour is really nice. I wrote a short letter to the Captain of the Coral (based on one of the CC posters suggestions) and got invited up to visit with the Captain on the Bridge. There were 10 of us (total) and if it is going to happen, it will be on a sea day. I informed some of our on-board friends, and they wrote a letter too, and got a Bridge tour on the last sea day - so, although timing is important, I'd suggest writing a short letter, and as Michael notes above, place it in a envelope and hand it to the Purser early on the first day or arrival on-board.

Good luck!

Archived