Belated Review Of The Glory 8/21

krimpet

We stayed at the Radisson friday night. We had a 12:30pm shuttle to the port. The shuttle service was much more organized that back in March. It

took about an hour to get through embarkation. You had to go through 3 lines before you actually got on the ship but the lines weren't too long. Once

we got on the ship, we were able to go right to our cabins. Our cabin steward was Sudi. He was very accomadating. Anything you wanted, he tried his best to get it for you. The ship was big and colorful.

The first problem we encountered was our dining time. We were suppose to have first seating at 6:15pm but our ss cards had 5:45PM. We waited 45

minutes to get it resolved only for them to tell us it was ok to come at 6:15pm. Boy, that pissed me off! The next day, they saw me and apologized.

I thought they were going to give me a ship board credit or something.....

NOT....Our waitress was Maria from Slavokia. She was pleasant but her voice

squeeked everytime she talked. It was annoying.. Her assistant didn't speak to us because he was always busy. The food was ok to good but it wasn't great. I had to order a NY strip a couple nights. The lobster was ok, better

than Celebrity but not as good as Holland America. We had lunch on the Lido

most of the time. The lines were always long... Service was lacking here...

If you go to the deli, they have great sandwiches, but don't ask for ham, becausae they don't have it. Did you ever hear of a deli that didn't have ham???? We had breakfast in the dining room and found the waiters and waitresses much more friendly and wished we had one of them for our dinner servers. The cruise director John, was a howl even though we found out that

they do the same routine on every cruise. I think John puts alot of effort into it which makes the shows funnyand believable. The R rated comedy shows were good. We went to Cable beach in Nassau. It was very nice there except it rained. We went to Trunk bay in St John. It was beautiful there. It had to be the clearest water we've swam in. We wanted to go to Cupecoy beach in St Maarten but none of the cabbies wanted to take us there. We ended up going to Dawn Beach. Don't waste your time. the water was rough and murky compared to Trunk Bay. We had great weather.

We did the self assist getting off the ship. We were called by 8:30am, back at the hotel by 9am and on the road by 9:30am. If you have any questions, jsut ask...... and I may get back to it sometime in the next year.... ;)

OH, One more think. On our first day at sea we had a meeting of about 12 ccers in the libaray at 10:30am, We a great meeting and now we all keep in contact on our 8-21 thread. I must say that I think we have a great group of people and that someday we all meet up again where ever it maybe...... :D

Thanks for the review. My husband and I are going to be on the Glory 10/16/04. We are very excited. It will be our first cruise so we really do not know what to expect. We are trying to gather as much information as possible before we go.....

thanks again,

Tracy

Archived