Northern Europe or Med In May .. Any Advice?

bulldogatl

My TA screwed up and didnt process my reservation on the Milly for 5/15 and now the ship is sold out .. so .. I have two options, take a Med cruise in July or take the Constellation to Northern Europe in May. Any advice? This is a trip for my mom and I. Suggestions?

Thanks

Would not go near the Med in July, not only too hot (was too hot for us in June) but lots of kids!! Baltic in May may be a little on cool side but not very cold & it is port intensive with lots to see + you get 2 more nights on ship compared to Millie in Med

Is the Millie REALLY completely sold out?

This cruise is still 9 months away...and there are usually lots of people who book, then cancel--since you can do that up until two months prior without penalty...

I once had a TA--or possibly Royal Caribbean--screw up-and the ship was sold out...yet, within a few days, and with diligent work, they were able to get me back on-and the cruise line gave me a 25% discount due to their part in the screw-up...(I wouldn't count on that if it's just your TA that srewed up)...

In any event, here's what I'd do: I'd book the cruise you really want for whatever date...and press the TA to somehow make good on their screw-up...to continue to monitor the prefered sailings and cabins that may become available...and to guarantee the re-booking to you at no worse than the originally quoted rate...

I would be surprised if you don't eventually get what you wanted...

By the way, I did the Millie/Med in August...and, yes, it was hot...but it still ranks as the absolutely best cruise I've ever done...If you don't end up doing it next year, book it for some future date...

The Baltic is very interesting as well...and if the weather is your prime concern, a reasonable alternative...but the Med always ranks #1 with me...

I guess I'll just keep checking the sites for deals on the 5/15 Milly. The only cabins that are open now are the big ole suites for 10K each. Maybe after my first big movie deal I'll consider that. If anyone sees anything .. let me know! Think I'd rather be warm in Med than cool in the Baltics.

Don't go in July. We went 01 August to Med and it was sweltering. Huge long lines wherever you went. Absolutely draining. At least in May you can wrap up. You have much more energy in the cooler weather.

Each day it was over 30oC. I'm Australian and should be used to the heat, but the heat, combined with the queues and the busses where the air-con struggled, made it a rather exhausting trip. It is a beautiful cruise, no doubt. The ports are breathtaking, but don't go in July/August.

As for the kids onboard, most were civilised human beings. Then there were the ones (and there was a particular group of them onboard - their parents being equally obnoxious) who I noted one night standing at the dessert table (outdoor buffet) and picking the tops off all the little cakes and putting them back on the trays. Staff standing by watching.

If you have a choice (we didn't as we have kids ourselves), don't go

in July and August.

Archived