Art Auctions on board Radiance

EJNutz

Asa great lover of art auctions ( NCL cruises got me addicted) I was wandering if the Radiance Class ships also provide then on board. If so which Company runs them?
Why yes they do

If so which Company runs them
I pretty sure the company is Park West at Sea

Yes it is Part West. In fact twice a year they also conduct land based auctions, at least they do in Cincinnati. We know this because we get invited to them now. We bought a cartoon cell onboard the Radiance of the Seas and have also been to one of their land-based auctions.

We have been to art auctions on all of the cruises we have been on. Park West does operate the art auctions on RCCL. We have obtained several peices of art that were very good deals. We did not find them to be overpriced.

Kevin

I agree...overpriced and have seen the same art on 2 different cruiselines. Just how many "signed" Peter Max etc are there of the same piece??? We buy occasionally from reputable dealers only or if possible from the artist. Too easy to get duped. It happens to famous museuems with their experts all too often. Sometimes in the heat of the moment at auctions, you are caught up in the excitement and too much free champagne and don't properly exercise good judgement.Just "my humble opinion"

Archived