Confused cruiser...HELP!

malibu87

Hello everyone. I was wondering if I can call CC and ask if there are any discounts available. We have been paid in full for several months now but read some where here how you can possibly get discounts applied to your cost. HELP...I'm somewhat confused about this and want to save money if I can. Who wouldn't, right?;)

Thanks in advance for any reply. We're very excited about our cruise coming up. The last time I cruised was in 1981.:eek:

Call the person you booked the cruise with and ask them or go to the Carnival website and pretend that you want to book your ship on your date, in the same cabin category and see what price they give you.

If there is a lower rate, the definitely call the person you booked with and ask for the lower rate. If you booked with Carnival, they might offer you an upgrade or on board credit.

Good luck and happy cruising again.

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I looked at the Carnival web site and it appears that the cruise may be sold out because it does not come up as an option so I can't check the price. Is there something else i can do?:confused:

Just wanted to welcome you to Cruise Critics (CC) and wish you a Happy Cruise !!! :)

Thank you so much. I am so excited. It's been too long. Hopefully this cruise will give us the "bug" and we will cruise much more frequent from now on! ;)

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I looked at the Carnival web site and it appears that the cruise may be sold out because it does not come up as an option so I can't check the price. Is there something else i can do?:confused:

If the cabin category you're booked in for your sailing does not come up you're out of luck. If your category is sold out (or the whole sailing) no price will show so no difference in the fare can be determined. If a cabin later opens up a new price will be established at that point which may be higher or lower than what you paid. But you can always call them and see what's going on. And keep checking as things can change daily. And also check other cabin categories. It's possible that a different category may open up that's a better deal -- maybe the same price but better location, etc.

Archived