Dive Shops?

django

Don't know St. Barts or Tortola-- hope to soon. You can read our St. Lucia review and see pics at http://www.cruisedivers.blogspot.com. We booked with the ship--which used Dive St. Lucia, and would do so again in this port. The operation was well run and not a cattle boat dive. The first dive was a shore dive following a checkout of all divers-- mask flooding and reg retrieval. I thought it was overkill, but that's really our only complaint about the operator. The ship's price included lunch. A lesson we learned on our last cruise was to always have a list of other possible dive operators whether you book through the ship or on your own. All diving and snorkeling tours for our ship were cancelled (by the operators) in Curacao because we had 4 reported cases of Norovirus on board. Another diver on our ship thankfully had a good list with phone numbers to call once we got into port. Eleven of us found another operator to take us and had one of the best dive days of the cruise.

St. Barts. St. Lucia & Tobago are the ports that I am looking for dive operators who cater to cruise ship passengers. Anyone ever dove these ports from a cruise ship? Any advice would be helpful.

I was just in St. Lucia in November. We were part of the Scuba group cruise. And we used Dive Fair Helen, privately booked. They were excellent. See my review -http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=672682

They were able to accommodate divers/snorklers. And the doesn't mean they took the divers to wimpy areas. The snorklers went to one area and we did another. We did a reef dive that was in over 100 ft. of water and then we did a wreck dive in 50 feet of water. The snorklers enjoyed that area too. They also fed us and no check out dives. Excellent crew.... Check them out......

www. divefairhelen.com

Archived