The Amazing Race, Thank God I Am An American Tour

JerseyHorseLover

Since NCL screwed up my sister & my shore excursion (never put it in their computer), we decided to be crazy and went on our own tour (12/25). I figured that I have a lot of self-defense under my belt..lol...I learned from the police academy, what the heck. We went to a guy who had a minibike/motorcycle hooked up to a cart type that he would pull from his motorcycle. For $15 each, he would took my sister and I to see the local church and give us a tour of Samana for 1 1/2 hours. You know, it was awesome. Luckily, I know some Spanish since he spoke no English. He brought us to the local church where other cruise people were visiting. It was Christmas Day and the female missionary spoke both Spanish and English. After.....lol......here is where my sister and I felt like we were on the reality show "The Amazing Race". We where in the heart of the town and he brought us through the poor areas also. This is where the 2nd part of our "tour" we named "Thank God I Am An American". He brought us up the mountain to a few beautiful views of the water for photos. Hmmmm.....we saw a huge pig in someones back yard! Many of the kids had their baseball bats in their hand, and I guess they all had Sammy Sosa as their dream career idol. We saw a real nice baseball field mixed in with the poor homes. We were driven to where some shopping is. At the end, he brought us back to where the dock is, I thanked him in Spanish, paid him, and gave him a tip. Sure, we didn't see any Americans for an hour on our tour, but our young male driver showed us some beautiful sites, as well as seeing how the people of Samana really live.

Archived