Hotwire 3* FLL Beach Area ?

dlstex

I have not used Hotwire and am not sure of quality of star rates. Looking at a 3*, resort, close to beach, with business center, etc. Hotwire offers at $129. Anyone have an idea what property this could be? We are looking for post cruise along the beach area. We got a pre cruise at Springhill Suites from Priceline for $95. Seems like a good price for 4/11/08.

Probably the Bahia Mar. To get some idea, click on travel package for hotel and airfare and put in the dates you are looking for (has to be at least 2 nights). The available hotels will come up with names. Then match the icons with the ones on the "hotel only" inquiry. Worked for us last year and got the Bahia Mar.

Go to biddingfortravel.com to get some insight. Good luck!

Thanks "lakesider". I began to think it was the BahiaMar. Hotwire offered the 3* for $129 but when I went on BahiaMar's web page, that seems to be the price the rooms start out for on the date I need anyway. Never having used HotWire before, not so sure if this is any kind of deal. Anyone out there know anything about this property?

The Bahia Mar is a nice hotel, across from beach with walkway to the beach. Great location with Marina next to it. A couple of blocks north of the Yankee Clipper. However the lower priced rooms are in the marina building with 2 categories - marina view and garden view. Garden view overlooks parking lot. Marina view rooms are fine, especially if you are able to get balcony. Only 4 on each of the 4 floors overlooking the marina and 4 overlooking parking lot. Small restaurant on premises but nothing in the evening as far as night life. We checked in at 9pm and bar was closed.

• 3 weeks later...

I also won this hotel on priceline and did some research. Yes it's by the water taxi and from what I have read it's in a really good location. An investment group owns the hotel along with the Grande and other resorts all over. From what I read they just merged with Hilton and the hotel is slated to have a 45 million dollar renovation that will begin sometime this spring. When are you staying there? We will be there one night post cruise on April 12th.

I'm a little nervous too because I am so picky but I think we will be OK, it just won't be luxurious but it will be safe.

aarep - Could you tell me if the water taxi is nearby (within walking distance) of the Bahia Mar? Also, who owns this hotel? I accidentally won a bid on Priceline and am very scared. It's for two nights! :eek:

Yes the water taxi is near. As you exit the hotel area go right about a block and half past the marina and the stop is behind the fire station. The Sun Trolley also stops in front of the hotel and is very convenient to everyplace. We really enjoyed our stays at this hotel and would not hesitate to stay there again. If you are in the marina building be sure and ask for room on marina side with balcony if possible.

Archived