Anyone been on Rainforest/Canal tour with Mario?

canegirl

Hi canegirl,

We will be going on that tour with Mario on Feb 25th so I will let you know. I also have been looking for someone who did this particular tour with him, but so far haven't been able to find anyone. I have heard good things about Mario though, so I am not too worried.

Joyce

We did this tour about 2 years ago with Mario. We went to the rainforest, Fort Lorenzo and the locks.

It was a great tour, and we really were impressed with our guides. There were 3 of them. The bus driver and a man and a women who stuck with us everyplace we went. First we went to the rainforest. We were able to get out and hike about a mile into the forest if we wanted to. (Maybe it was Less). If some didn't want to they could stay on the bus with the driver. The guides explained lots about the flowers and vegetation. It was very informative. I will say, it was extremely hot and humid. But, it is a rainforest, so duh. I was plenty hot when we got back on the bus. Then, went to the old Fort. That was fantastic. Probably my favorite part. It is just like it was hundreds of years ago. No commercializatin whatsoever. We got to walk around for quite a while. The view on the bluff was great. Amazes me that something like that can be there without all the souvineer stands etc. It would be a big tourist trap if it was in the U.S.

Along the way we did stop and they found monkeys and different birds in the trees for us. We could stop and take pictures along the way.

Last was the Canal and the locks. It is also amazing. Even the teens that we had on the group loved it. Most of the kids said it was their favorite part. They were bringing a huge car carrier through while we were there, and they were so close you felt like you could reach out and touch it.

We felt safe at all times. The guides were always watching over us. Even at the canal, the lady stayed at the rest rooms and made sure all of us were out before she left. They brought along bottled water and some beer. We also had some local kind of bagged snack food. I would do this tour with him again in a heartbeat.

You will love.

thanks bill blasters for your review. We are probably going to go ahead and book it.

Churee - That would be get if you could let me know how your tour goes, hopefully nothing has changed in the last couple of years. I hope it is still as good as when bill blasters went. Oh yeah, Have a GREAT time on your cruise!!!

Archived