Live from Pride of Aloha Jan 2-12

JVanDermark

Well coming in to this cruise I read many reviews and comments, both good and bad. I knew not to expect to much, but I did not expect it to be this bad. Unfortunately I have to say this is the worst cruise I have been on

- the first time I tried to get in my room the card would not work.

-every night so far dinner has taken 3 hours and the food comes out at room temp or cold

-as everyone says crew isn't very interactive.

-we did not get clean towels even after 3 phone calls to housekeeping. I had to ask someone on the other end of the hall that was cleaning rooms.

JVanDermark

I sorta feel your pain. It took us a couple of days to get into the flow of the cruise for us. As for the restraunts, have you tried a different one. We found the Palace to be much better than the one in the back. Also the asian and french alternative restraunts had very good service. The italian one was terrible. Sorry I've already forgotten their Hawaian code names. If you need towels there is a quasi-infinite supply by the pool. Grab a stack, they'll get the message. As for the crew, it was mixed but I found them to be on the personalble side. Remember most of these young adults are in their early 20's and are working harder than they ever had before in their lives.

Hang in there it's only 5 more days and a wake-up.

Bob

Yea we tried both the crossings and the palace and we actually got worse service there. Now we have not tried any specialty resturaunts.

Now last night was the best night as far as service. Are waiter was very friendly and interactive. My group will be requesting him for the rest of the trip. Also the food was a little better, so hopefully it is getting better

I'm sorry to hear that things haven't been going as well as they could be. I'm happy, though, to hear that you've seen some 'better' things... so, treat it like picking a card... from a full deck, there are equal odds of picking a club (1/4), a spade (1/4), a diamond (1/4) or a heart (1/4). So when you wake up tomorrow, give the day at least equal odds that everything will be great and see what happens!! :) Hopefully all the bad experiences are over!!

JVD

Glad to hear that you got a better waiter. Hopefully the next few days will be better. I know people think that just because your in Hawaii its like waving a magic PollyAnna wand. However at night your on the ship. This is why I recommend that people consider another line. Maybe you would concur? Look forward to more of your comments

Bob

Archived