Just started WW and need support!

I have been doing ww for two years now and have jst made my goal. I am on the six week maintanince. We cruise on the 25 of February. I find that fat free popcorn helps me with the cruchy attack. If its a sweet and crunchy attack I add some cinnamon to my popcorn its YUMMY!!! Good luck you can do it!!:D :)

I have been doing ww for two years now and have jst made my goal. I am on the six week maintanince. We cruise on the 25 of February. I find that fat free popcorn helps me with the cruchy attack. If its a sweet and crunchy attack I add some cinnamon to my popcorn its YUMMY!!! Good luck you can do it!!:D :)

Hello All!

I, too, am using WW to lose before my cruise in June.

In 2005, we started a WW @ work group that I joined for a number of reasons. I'd never used any diet or program to lose weight before and I didn't know how WW was going to fit into my life. My first week, I'd lost 4.6#. My second week, I'd lost 2.2#. After that, I was hooked! I didn't have any goals in mind, but I just wanted to see how far I could go. Most of the weight was lost simply by diet. Oh, I added a few more "dog walks" in those months. But, I didn't join a gym and really get serious about exercise until the last 5 pounds. 53 weeks after starting, I'd lost 58# total and was at a weight where I was wearing size 4's and 6's.

I did not follow the maintenance program. We sold our house. I took my first cruise. We bought a house. Life got busy and I got lazy. In 1.5 years, I gained back about 30#.

So this year, on January 2, I began again. I'm going to try to do this without meetings or on-line help. I've been counting my points and tracking my losses (I'm using Thursday mornings as my official weigh-in days.) And so far this year I've lost 6.6#.

A couple of amazing things I learned through WW: You HAVE to eat to lose. And I've learned what healthy portion sizes are.

So, I'm glad to meet you all and read your stories and words of encouragement. I can't say I'll be in here daily, but I'll be in to catch up when I'm feeling challenged.

Keep up all your great work!!!

Welcome, Annie. It is always nice to have a place to go to share triumphs and things not so triumphant.

I will always wonder why I regain the weight I lose that takes such effort and committment. At least 6 times since the first time I joined in 1974, I have lost and regained 40-50 lb. Interestingly, I always get to the same weight give or take 10 lb and maintain that just fine...until I go back, count my points or portions or calories, and lose it again. I sure know how to do it when I want to, I just haven't learned how to keep it off.

Nevertheless, today is another day, keep focused and you/me will do just fine.

Bonnie

Hello, everybody. I started on Jan 5, and I've lost 13 pounds! I want to lose 7 more, so I'm about 2/3 of the way there. The best part is when people notice. I initially started with the core plan because I travel a lot for work. The work travel is also why I gained. My travel has reached a lull for the next two months (yay!), so I switched to the flex plan so I can enjoy more variety of foods. I'm not attending the meetings, but my parents are. They started in May - dad lost 40 pounds and reached goal in November, lifetime status in January. My mom has lost 32 pounds. My mom gave me one set of their materials since they had duplicate sets. She also gives me the weekly tips from the meetings.

One of my favorite snacks is Baked Tostitos and salsa - salsa is 0 points, and the chips are 2 points for 15. Sometimes I'll just have 7 or 8 chips for 1 point.

I've read all ths posts on this thread, and I'm seeing a lot of reluctance to not go into the 35 flex points. I only get 19 points, and I'm earning 30+ exercise points a week (I work out 5-6 times a week at high intensity). I need more points (I've been eating about 22-24 points a day). WW gives you these points to do as you wish - you can still lose if you use all of them. If you have a craving, give in to it within reason. If you go out to dinner, it's ok to splurge a bit. Not doing so will lead to feelings of deprivation and failure, IMO.

I try to stick to the outer perimeter of the grocery store and just buy the fresh foods. Exceptions are some canned fruits and veggies and frozen fruits/veggies/WW products.

Keep it up everybody - we will be successful!

Welcome Chigirlcruzin and Annie! It's great to add you both to the threads!

I started this needing to lose 40lbs and as of today I have 28 to go!! It feels darn good! I will feel even better when I hit the mark where I have 20 to go!!! It's hard but I think if we put our minds to it we can do it! I have not followed my points at all this weekend starting friday but I usually do that. I find that if I don't follow my points on my "Cheat" days but still eat fairly healthy I am ok. Both yesterday and today I had chinese food but I had brown rice and shrimp with fresh veggies...normally I would eat all kinds of other garbage from chinese but I didn't do it and have been really good about that although I get nervous from time to time with not keeping with my points...I guess I should do what I have been doing which has been being really good sun-thurs and then fri and saturday I can go to town within my limits

Good Luck to you all this week!

Hi cruisinjerseygirl! I see you have cruise very shortly...I'm jealous! I want to go in early May like I did last year, but my sister is expecting her first baby on May 8, and she wants me to be around for that (and so do I), so I can't really plan anything since you never know when he'll actually make his appearance:). I'll probably plan something for Oct/Nov, but Thanksgiving through Feb are off-limits for vacation (self-imposed) since it's my super busy time, and I don't want to go in March/April, June-August because of rates and kids.

Anyway, that was a long-winded response. My parents were mid-WW when we went on our Oct Valor cruise. They both decided they weren't going to go hog-wild, but they were going to enjoy themselves. Both gained 3 pounds during the week. My mom ate many of the spa selections, including the desserts, and said they were very good. Somehow, she only managed having half a piece of pizza throughout the entire week (I have to have one a day!) She ate from the regular menu too. Regardless of the spa selection or a regular dessert, she and my dad always split the dessert. My dad would walk around the track everyday to get in about 3 miles. And then he'd have an ice cream cone:). It took my mom 2 weeks to get rid of the cruise weight; my dad one week. My dad has since reached goal; my mom still has more to go. She'll sometimes mention that she'd be 3 more pounds further along if she didn't have the cruise, but she's glad she enjoyed trying all the different food (it was their first cruise).

Well everone.. I weighed in today and lost another 3.6lbs!!! YEAH!!! Thats 9.2 todal. I almost have another 5pt star. I found out tonight that I have more weight to lose than I though but Its ok. I can do it.. I have to tell you I had a scary moment during the weigh in. I climbed on the scale and she wrote down +3.6 lbs.. :eek: :eek: OMG!! I about died.. I couldn't figure out how I gained weight.. Then after about 3 min she said.. What am I doing?? I wrote +3.6, its supposed to be -3.6. I about died of relief!! I did inform her that I didn't like that and would prefer for her to not do that again. lol... She felt really bad.. But I was just relieved....

Well everone.. I weighed in today and lost another 3.6lbs!!! YEAH!!! Thats 9.2 todal.

Yeah for Too!!!

I'm doing alright. It's much slower than I had hoped. But each day, as long as I'm having losses, at least I'm moving in the right direction.

Question... anybody have an estimate of points for Baklava? We had about 4 boxes of fresh Baklava delivered to the office today and I'm trying to decided if it's worth it. :o

Anyone?

Yeah for Too!!!

I'm doing alright. It's much slower than I had hoped. But each day, as long as I'm having losses, at least I'm moving in the right direction.

Question... anybody have an estimate of points for Baklava? We had about 4 boxes of fresh Baklava delivered to the office today and I'm trying to decided if it's worth it. :o

Anyone?

2-inch square or 1.5 ounces = 5 pts. RRUUNNN!!

Here is a great site for generic kinds of points.

http://quiddity.cc/rachel/diet/wwfoods.htm

Keep up the good work. Bonnie

2-inch square or 1.5 ounces = 5 pts. RRUUNNN!!

Here is a great site for generic kinds of points.

http://quiddity.cc/rachel/diet/wwfoods.htm

Keep up the good work. Bonnie

Thanks, Peaceful!!

Both for the Baklava points and the link!

Now... is the "RRUUNNN!!" statement for me to run away from the Baklava, or to RUN to work off all the extra points? :D J/K I know what you're saying. Thanks for the support!

Hi Everyone,

I would also like to join this group. I went to ww last year & lost around 19 lbs. Then I quit at summer & thought I could do it on my own. No!! That didn't work for me. I gained 14 of it back. I have now started back. I have lost 7 of the 14. I'm not getting too excited about losing until I get past where I was when I quit. I'm the type that has to face the music of someone weighing me.

I've really enjoyed all the posts. Especially the other websites & ideas.

Debbie

Welcome Debbie! What's happened to everybody else?

So I was stuck at a plateau for 3 weeks. I work out every day, earning 35-45 exercise points a week. I never eat them. I'd use about 12 of my 35 bonus points. I spoke to a trainer at the gym, and my mom spoke to her WW leader. They both agreed that I wasn't eating enough, and that since I'm doing such high intensity exercise daily, I should be eating 4 of the points I earn (as a side note, if I earn 7 points, 4 is the max you should use as your food points). So I started eating more. Guess what? I lost 2.5 pounds! I'm at 15 pounds now, 7 away from goal. They said my body was "hanging on" to the food I was giving it.

Have a great week all!

Thanks Chigirlcruzin,

I still have never used my extra 35 points. I still have problems using allthe points I need. So much of the stuff I eat doesn't have any points. I weighed in tonight & lost another 2.4 lbs.I still need to lose another 4.4 to be where I was when I quit. Then I'll be ready to lose!!!! I hope I can get alot off by July. I need to lose about 30 more lbs. That sure sounds like alot.

You don't have much to go to reach your goal. It shouldn't be much longer! Good luck this week!

Debbie

Thanks Chigirlcruzin,

I still have never used my extra 35 points. I still have problems using allthe points I need. So much of the stuff I eat doesn't have any points. I weighed in tonight & lost another 2.4 lbs.I still need to lose another 4.4 to be where I was when I quit. Then I'll be ready to lose!!!! I hope I can get alot off by July. I need to lose about 30 more lbs. That sure sounds like alot.

You don't have much to go to reach your goal. It shouldn't be much longer! Good luck this week!

Debbie

I'm hoping to be on a cruise the week of April 12...I really want to be at goal by then! I only get 19 daily points (23 with the workout points), and I'm about to drop to 18 points...that really isn't very much when you take 2 points for oil and 3-4 points for milk servings.

It's amazing what the drop in weight can do. I wasn't even considered overweight by my BMI when I started this. I had high blood pressure though, and I'm only 31. I've lost some weight, got my butt back in the gym, and I'm trying to go off the meds...so far it's working!

30 pounds might sound like a lot, but remember, you didn't put it on overnight, so you can't expect it to go away overnight. Just think about how great you'll feel and look when you lose it for good!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived