Would like to hear about your trip Nautica 25/11/07 Rome to Singapore

cruzagain

Hi Lyn,

Just loved all the pictures and can hardly wait til Nov. , Does O limit the number on a team playing Trivia? Looks like you have a large group or was that just a couple of groups? And the Country Fair looks like alot of fun. We did that on another cruise and really enjoyed it. Something a little different than the usual offerings.

I can't believe Jon ate that 32 oz. roast. Wow!

Mr. Kamleish did contact me and relayed a story about my grandfather's name which was his music teacher's name.

The price he quoted is about $39 US/ pp. Is that what you paid? But on the web page it says something about extra charge per kilometer.

Will have to clarify with him.

The Oman drivers have notresponded and it's been a week. Just wait a while more?

Well, thanks for your help.

Joanne

Hi Sable1

Thanks, I am glad you enjoyed the piccies. I do also enjoy looking at other people's travel pics, it aids the development of excitement and keen anticipation! That trivia game was the last one, and it was very relaxed. Everyone had won so many Oceania points that nobody cared any more and out group pretty much included anyone who came along that day who had been with us at one stage or another. Usually trivia teams are limited to ten. Yes, I couldn't believe that Jon ate the 32oz thing either - it was half a bl00dy cow! I am really glad that Kamliesh has got back to you. That cost is about what we paid, given that a year will have passed, allowing for a slight price rise. You will find it's more than a bargain compared with the ships' rates. We didn't pay any extra per kilometre though, possibly becuase we were not travelling great distances but were within Mumbai CBD.

The Oman guys I can't answer for, as I said they are not travel agents and they could be anywhere. It took weeks for Mohammed to get back to me since we left and I was going to send him a free book, so there was no reason for him to tarry - they're just not operating on our timeframe. I do think that if you can't get them you would be safe with most taxi drivers in Oman, as per my Oman posting they were mostly very well spoken, cars clean etc.. Good luck and stay in touch and let us all know how you go.

Jennie - wow yours is coming up soon, I am getting excited for you. Also do stay in touch please and let us travel vicariously :)

Lyn,

Yes time is marching on very quickly. We now have two visas in our passports - India and Jordan. Next up is Egypt and then finally it will be Vietnam.

Peter and I are off to Mallacoota for a week on the 9th Feb so I am leaving our Egyptian visa until we return back home.

I cannot believe that it is only 2 months before we leave. We booked this trip back in November, 2006.

I will send you an email in a couple of weeks time, after our short trip away.

Jennie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lynn,

Just wanted to thank you for the wonderful description of your trip. I really enjoyed it and appreciate you taking time to share all your memories and photos.

Your descriptions match most of my memories of shared destinations perfectly.

Jack

Hi Lynn,

Just wanted to thank you for the wonderful description of your trip. I really enjoyed it and appreciate you taking time to share all your memories and photos.

Your descriptions match most of my memories of shared destinations perfectly.

Jack

Thank YOU Jack, you were an inspiration. When is your upcoming trip? I hope it is wonderful. I would do it all again tomorrow. I hope we are going to get another vicarious thrill when you travel again. :)

HI Lyn,

Oman looks wonderful.

Can you please post the contact info. for Mohammed & Mahmoud? How long was your time with each?

Did the $40 uad include entry fees? About how much were they to the Mosque, Fort & Mineral springs?

Did you or Jon swim at Mirbat beach? Looks very inviting.

Thank you and looking forward to Dubai, India & Thailand.

Joanne,

Hi, Are you on the Nov. 08 cruise from Rome to Singapore? Trying to find others who are on that cruise. LV Tapper :)

Thanks for the UTube on Egypt ... it's even noisier than it was when I was there about 15 years ago and it was deafening then! Did you use a private guide or did you use Oceania's tours? I wrote to you on facebook and hopefully you received that. I thanked you for sharing your experiences on the Nautica .... We've done several Oceania cruises and loved 'em all. We were so happy to see this itinerary as it was a bit different! Any info re guides (names, addresses, etc.) would be so appreciated. Most sincerely,

LV Tapper

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you Lyn for the wonderful stories and information on your ports.

You have completely changed my views on Salalah in Oman where we will be for a day in April. I hadn't envisaged even getting off the ship (shocking I know but I am not keen on day tours) but now think we will brave it with a taxi based on your itinerary.

Many thanks

Jane

Jane,

If you are on the Nautica cruising from Hong Kong to Athens perhaps you would like to visit our Roll Call and join us.

Here is the link to the last page, there are 34 pages altogether. We have great group of people who will be meeting up on the first day of the cruise for the first time.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=410529&page=34

Jennie

Gosh 'Salingcablebeach', I hope it lives up to my description. We really enjoyed it, but - ha ha - we tend to be pretty happy anywhere as long as it's travelling. No seriously, it would be a shame to not get off the ship. The photos show you it's worth a look at least. I really hope you enjoy it.

Hi, Are you on the Nov. 08 cruise from Rome to Singapore? Trying to find others who are on that cruise. LV Tapper :)

Hi LV Tapper

We will be on the Nov 08 cruise and are really looking forward to it :) :)

Archived