Hair salon in Miami?

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone got their hair done in Miami before getting on the cruise. I emailed Gloria Pelo and she wanted $250 for hair amd makeup which seemed a bit crazy. For some reason Royal Caribbean doesn't do hair on the ship for Miami departures. I have five girls and we have to board at 10:30, given most salons dont open till 8 I dont know if we'll have enough time!

I was also wondering if anyone had any cool ideas for kind of tropical gifts for the wedding party

Also, is royal romance really as bad as it seems they are?

For what its worth I just went ahead and booked Gloria Pelo. I know its expensive but it was worth it to me for the peace of mind that someone will come to me. There is a salon in the Marriot at Byscane (sp?) bay. But on this board I have heard that some of them do not speak good english. I have also read horror stories of brides booking at a salon, in which they will come in early for the bride, and not showing up!! So I just went ahead and spent the money to not stress about it.

I booked at the salon in the Marriott at Biscayne Bay - it's called Panache. The website is 4panache.com. I spoke with the manager, he was very friendly and actually offered to open the salon for me on a holiday when it would typically be closed. I'll be calling again closer to my wedding date to confirm with him- i can't imagine what i would do if they didn't show up!!!

I booked at the salon in the Marriott at Biscayne Bay - it's called Panache. The website is 4panache.com. I spoke with the manager, he was very friendly and actually offered to open the salon for me on a holiday when it would typically be closed. I'll be calling again closer to my wedding date to confirm with him- i can't imagine what i would do if they didn't show up!!!

Sorry to be rude and talk money but about how much will this cost? I am getting married in port in Miami on August 15 2009 so I have time to shop around and I want to get an idea of prices. Thanks!

Sorry to be rude and talk money but about how much will this cost? I am getting married in port in Miami on August 15 2009 so I have time to shop around and I want to get an idea of prices. Thanks!

No problem- Panache sounds pretty reasonable, it's about $65 for an updo, $65 for makeup. They also do nails if you need that done at the same time - it's $60 for a full set of gel nails, $55 for acrylic, $45 for a pedicure, $20-45 for a manicure. Of course, I've never actually been there, so I'm only hoping that it's good!!!

Archived