Car rental office in Progreso?

annf

I am looking for information on a car rental for a day in Progreso. Executive used to have an office in Progreso, but an email to them confirms that the office is now closed.

Has anyone rented recently? Who did you use?

On Calle 80, just north of the Casa Cultura, is a car rental office running out of a small gift shop. To the best of my knowledge, it's the only car rental agency in Progreso. The alternative is to go to the main square of town, a few blocks south of the Casa de Cultura on Calle 80, and arrange a driver and van. All the taxis and private vans park there.

On Calle 80, just north of the Casa Cultura, is a car rental office running out of a small gift shop. To the best of my knowledge, it's the only car rental agency in Progreso. The alternative is to go to the main square of town, a few blocks south of the Casa de Cultura on Calle 80, and arrange a driver and van. All the taxis and private vans park there.

Thanks so much for the information. There are 4 of us and I am planning a quick trip to Dzibilchaltun and figured it made more sense to drive than hire a driver.

• 2 weeks later...

:confused: I called a number I found online for Executive / Ace at the pier in Progresso (011-52-999-9203732) yesterday. My husband speaks fluent Spanish and talked to a man named Eric who quoted us $160 for a 15 passenger Nissan Urvan which included all the insurance (No Gas) and unlimited miles. He said they would be open at 7am and gave us a confirmation number. They did not take our credit card number.

I've seen several online posts that said they recently rented a car from Executive / Ace right off the pier in Progresso within the last week or two but after trying twice this week I finally got an email back from Executive in Merida saying the office in Progresso was closed and they would see if they could arrange a pickup for me at the pier. (I made a reservation there just in case I couldn't get one at Progresso).

I've emailed them this morning for a response but I truly don't understand what the real story is.....did there used to be an Ace / Executive branch there that now belongs to another company with the same phone number or ??? It certainly doesn't seem that the right hand knows what the left hand is doing! We will be there 2/14/08 on Voyager OTS.

Anyone going to be there prior that could check this out?! :confused:

I don't know how much that phone call to Mexico is going to cost but at least it was on a weekend!

Welcome to Mexico!

Not sure what else to tell you other than there was an Executive booth ON the pier a few weeks ago. They were open earlier that day - in the picture, it looks like they are taking a siesta.

No clue how you contact them. I am thinking you would have to be shuttled to wherever they are hiding the cars.

cIKPPNSTYTDjywh2sUjfNw8jJy9LkK810300.jpg

What time of day was the "Closed" picture taken?

I wonder who answered the phone?

Maybe they close when all their fleet is rented?

Maybe you turn in your cars somewhere else....hah!

I have an idea.....

I THINK the Voyager OTS sails the Progreso Itinerary tommorow.

I'll drop in on their roll call and see if I can send a "Spy" down ..... :D

• 2 months later...
:confused: I called a number I found online for Executive / Ace at the pier in Progresso (011-52-999-9203732) yesterday. My husband speaks fluent Spanish and talked to a man named Eric who quoted us $160 for a 15 passenger Nissan Urvan which included all the insurance (No Gas) and unlimited miles. He said they would be open at 7am and gave us a confirmation number. They did not take our credit card number.

I've seen several online posts that said they recently rented a car from Executive / Ace right off the pier in Progresso within the last week or two but after trying twice this week I finally got an email back from Executive in Merida saying the office in Progresso was closed and they would see if they could arrange a pickup for me at the pier. (I made a reservation there just in case I couldn't get one at Progresso).

I've emailed them this morning for a response but I truly don't understand what the real story is.....did there used to be an Ace / Executive branch there that now belongs to another company with the same phone number or ??? It certainly doesn't seem that the right hand knows what the left hand is doing! We will be there 2/14/08 on Voyager OTS.

Anyone going to be there prior that could check this out?! :confused:

I don't know how much that phone call to Mexico is going to cost but at least it was on a weekend!

hi. i found ur thread very helpful, would be delighted if u can help me with more info. i'm going on a carnival cruise with 4 other friends to progreso in may and we are planning to rent a car and go see chichen itza. what was your experience driving? did you see an executive car rental booth at the pier in progreso? any tips/info would be welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Effectively the executive booth is open only early by the morning as the cruises arrive, by noon the representatives return to receive the cars, that's why you can't find them at that time. They are at the pier only on cruises days.

Archived