make your own bouquet?

I was just wondering if Royal Romance allows you to bring your own bouquet? I went out yesterday and bought lots of silk fowers to make my own, and I would like to do the same for my bridal parties' bouquets. Just wondering if anyone did the same thing.

I am doing the same thing for my flowers as well. I will be making a bouquet for myself and my bridal party, and probably the corsages for the moms. I am actually excited because both of my sisters are extremely creative, so it should be fun!

I love your website! I am on knot.com.

I was unsure about silk flowers... i dont want them to be cheesey... but the real ones are soooo expensive.

Getting married St. Thomas 7/9/08... off the Carnival Triumph.

GOing to look at silks now...

Your flowers look beautiful!!!

Wow, THANKS!!! It was tedious work. I couldn't feel my finger tips from the wire for a few days, but all in all, I am so glad that I did them myself. I think it will make it a little more special for us, adding our touch! :)

I like the idea of making your own bouquets, corsages, etc. because it's a way you can add your own personal touch to your wedding day. I plan on making my own as well, but it's going to take a lot of practice for me I know! I'm not exactly the craftiest person in the world, but I have a couple very good friends who are crafting divas!!

I found a good idea on Martha Stewart's website for a shell bouquet, I'm not sure if I'm crafty enough to do it but I thought I would share the idea: http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.3a0656639de62ad593598e10d373a0a0/?vgnextoid=8366608f8532f010VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&lnc=dabf8ff362cee010VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&rsc=taxonomylist

I am also bringing my own flowers, but I am not making them myself. I am just not creative enough or patient enough to take the time to make them look like what I envision.

I am using Angels Accents. Angel has sent me some samples and they feel incredibly real. For what ever reason, they also smell lovely. She has done a great job helping to match our colors and cruising theme, I would highly advise to use her if any one is not going to do their own.

Bekah, your flowers looking absolutely wonderful. I would never guess they were silk. Did you follow instructions out of a book to make them, or did you just do it on your own? I don't know that I am crafty enough. But, I would rather have exactly what I want and be able to keep them forever. I'm glad I found this thread; I'm hooked on this idea!

Bekah, your flowers looking absolutely wonderful. I would never guess they were silk. Did you follow instructions out of a book to make them, or did you just do it on your own? I don't know that I am crafty enough. But, I would rather have exactly what I want and be able to keep them forever. I'm glad I found this thread; I'm hooked on this idea!

The "REAL" look was really important to me, I've seen some (not on this board):) that look too fake. I shopped for a while for the flowers and found them at various places. The hyrdrangeas, I found them at a grocery store (believe it or not :o ) that we have called HEB Central Market. They are more of an upscale grocery store compared to say Kroger or Super WalMart. They have a nice selection of silks. They even feel real. And my roses, I go those in the "real" silks section at Hobby Lobby (its they ones they advertise as being closest to the real thing).

I worked on the flowers for quite a while. I looked at pictures that I liked and tried different things until I came out with the finished product. The corsages were a bit of a challenge, making them large enough without getting too heavy. And my bouquet took the longest, I think I made it and took it apart about 5 times before I was satisfied. But I am not the most crafty person either, most certainly had never made wedding flowers before this, so I know you can do it! ;)

Erica...

They tell you that you can not bring any type of real flowers off the ship due to custome restrictions...

However....

When we came home from our wedding...We had a huge tub..that said Folch/Smallwood wedding on it...when we left the ship...my DH carried off the ship..through customs...and not one person ever even asked to look in it..it wasn't even put through a scanner...it was so strange...if I knew that no one would even try to look in the tub...i would have taken my cake and flowers home!!

BTW It was a RCI ship in Port canaveral..not sure if that makes a diffrence..

So my advice...just do it...if anyone says anything..just play stupid!

Diana

Archived