Sharing a cab in Coz

memphislonghorn

I am reposting this in hopes that y'all will respond in numbers with suggestions. I will be cruising solo, and I want to share a cab to Nach Cocum to avoid paying $15 each way. How do I get the word out onboard? Is ther a message board or bulletin board I can use? Inquire at the excursion desk about others going to my destination?

Host Mach suggested to use my roll call, that is no good, only 3-4 members in it. I need to get the word out to the 1,500 - 2000 pax on the ship, that will increase greatly my chances of sharing a ride.

Any suggestions thanks!

We have shared cab rides in Cozumel before just by asking. If you cannot arrange to go with anyone in advance you might try making a sign saying "looking to share a cab to Nachi Cochem" and holding it up at the end of the pier where others can see it as they come off their ships. I can't think of anywhere on board to post such things, sorry.

Sharing a ride back from Nachi should be a breeze.

I am reposting this in hopes that y'all will respond in numbers with suggestions. I will be cruising solo, and I want to share a cab to Nach Cocum to avoid paying $15 each way. How do I get the word out onboard? Is ther a message board or bulletin board I can use? Inquire at the excursion desk about others going to my destination?

Host Mach suggested to use my roll call, that is no good, only 3-4 members in it. I need to get the word out to the 1,500 - 2000 pax on the ship, that will increase greatly my chances of sharing a ride.

Any suggestions thanks!

I have done this a few times but I am cheap.At the pier exit there is a taxi stand,I would hang near it and ask people or see what they are carrying.There are also many ships so you have 6000+ people.I would scuba dive,so I would look for people with gear,and I would go where they are going. Keep in mind that the rates are set and you could tip it over. It is cheaper for 4 in a car then 6 in a van.

Just like crusing from Tampa. No rental car shuttles so afetr dropping luggage off I would return the car to the airport and hang by the taxi stand looking for people with luggage tags on carryons,cameras,ect.

As CCC1-7 said, you can take your chances at the taxi stand. Another option is to post your date/time here, on your roll call, and on the Cozumel board and see if there are others (even from different cruise lines) that are willing to share a ride.

In any case, the taxi is only about $15 each way, so I wouldn't burn too much daylight trying to save a few dollars -- you're on vacation!;)

I have done this a few times but I am cheap.At the pier exit there is a taxi stand,I would hang near it and ask people or see what they are carrying.There are also many ships so you have 6000+ people.I would scuba dive,so I would look for people with gear,and I would go where they are going. Keep in mind that the rates are set and you could tip it over. It is cheaper for 4 in a car then 6 in a van.

Just like crusing from Tampa. No rental car shuttles so afetr dropping luggage off I would return the car to the airport and hang by the taxi stand looking for people with luggage tags on carryons,cameras,ect.

Thats exactly how we did it...went over to the cab stand, and there were a few people asking around where everyone was going. We ended up splitting a cab to and from Paradise Beach. I think it only cost us $10 one way.

Archived