Tampa Gasparilla

Snook

Tampa has an event coming up on January 26 that some of you should be aware of. It is called Gasparilla. This might be interesting to see if you have never experienced it but it can be a traffic nightmare.:( The invasion will start at 11:30AM and end around 1PM. The parade will start at 2PM and continue until 5PM. They estimate that 500,000 people will be along Bayshore Blvd. and in downtown Tampa. The invasion consists of thousands of mostly small boats and at least one Pirate ship. The armada ends at the Tampa Convention Center. The parade will be mostly on Bayshore Blvd. but will come downtown and end at Jackson and Marion streets, in the heart of downtown Tampa. Many streets will be closed. Traffic coming from the East should not have a problem but from the West might be a little tricky. I suggest you take a look at the Gasparilla web site at www.gasparillapiratefest.com for more details.:)

• 8 years later...

I'm resurrecting this ancient dead thread ... because I'll be in Tampa during Gasparilla later this month and decided to search the CC board just to see if I could find any info/thoughts/ideas about attending some of the festivities ...

I thought the 'heads up' might be useful to others who will be in town during the event ... mainly January 28th, 2017 ... but there are 'pre' events too ...

And if anyone has any helpful input or suggestions for me about enjoying Gasparilla, PLEASE post :D (I'll be staying in Brandon, a bit outside of Tampa ... and I've already been told ... UBER is our friend LOL )

Edited by Cro_and_Swan