Must sees in Junea, Skagway and Prince Rupert

heading for alaska

I'm going on an Alaskan cruise at the end of May and looking at the different excursions to do. We don't know if our best bet is to try and do things on our own or to book the excursions through the cruise line. What are the must sees and/or things anyone can recommend to do in Juneau, Skagway and Prince Rupert?

You need to do your homework. Look over a shore excursion list and narrow down your interests. There are 100's of excellent tours to recommend and no point if you would never consider it. Having a list of perhaps your top 5 choices will give you far more detailed information.

BQ is right on. There are soooo many great choices in Alaska, both from the ship's excursions and independents. Starting with the ship's excursions gives you a pretty good idea of the major attractions. When you decide what you want to do you can choose either the ship's or independent.

The tours I like might bore you, and the ones you like might kill me! You just have to do your research, read the descriptions carefully, and find the one that is right for YOU!

Check out our trips to Alaska among those at the link in my sig file below and you will see reviews and pics of lots of excursions.

Heading to Alaska,

Welcome to these boards! You will find a wealth of information and advice here but you have to do some searching and LOTS of reading.

I'm assuming you are subscribed[not just logged in] to the Alaska forum so you're first step might be to just scroll through the threads and read what you think applies to your cruise and itinerary. Also, you can do a "search" on the forum using keywords, etc. which can help narrow down what you're looking for.

If you haven't registered with your ship's forum, do that also. You can find all that at the top of the page in the yellow rectangular Cruise Critic border top and bottom.Be prepared to spend a lot of time in front of the computer.

And, yes, guide books from your local library would be helpful, too.

Best of luck with all your choices.

Janet:)

Archived