Thank you card help

dna32

Ok ...you all have been very helpful so I figured it didn't hurt to ask...

I need to send out thank you cards....almost all but 4 of the people that attended the wedding were family...would it be ok to send out a general thank you cards to everyone...ie..."thank you for sharing in our special day"...?

or do I need to write a special note in each one?

I am clueless!

That decision is up to you......

We hand wrote our thank you cards, making sure to try to personalize each one. It was a lot of work, but that is what we decided to do.

I just got a pre printed thank you from a friend, for attending her daughters 1 year party.

Now, I'm not against printed thank you's in the least - but it was very apparent that this was her way of circumventing having to actually spend time on the thank you's.

She didn't personalize the thank you at all. She didn't even mention the gift - which makes me think that they didn't take the time to note what everyone gave her child.... My gift, as well thought out that it actually was, was lumped in with everyone else's gifts, and considered random.

If she had personalized it a bit - "thank you for the ball popper, Keagan loves it", I would have thought "how clever, doing pre printed thank you's and then printing a small personalized message"

But she didnt. And I have to admit, it felt a rude, and dismissive, of our gift selection effort, and our presence at the party.

I don't mind the pre printed thank you, but consider actually writing something on each one (and not just signing your name)

Thanks...you always have some good points...that sometimes I over look!

I didn't want to offend anyone...and I guess a general thank you is not a good idea..esp when we got gifts from everyone who attended the wedding..even though I asked for no gifts!

Thanks again!

Diana

Thanks...you always have some good points...that sometimes I over look!

I didn't want to offend anyone...and I guess a general thank you is not a good idea..esp when we got gifts from everyone who attended the wedding..even though I asked for no gifts!

Thanks again!

Diana

Get the pre printed thank you's but just make sure to write a personalized little something on each one. In this case, thanking them for coming and for the gift would suffice. And/or things like:

"having you there made our day extra special"

"thank you for sharing our special day with us"

"it would not have been the same without you"

and be sure to sign it, for real.:D

If you could find a poem about being married, that would be something really nice to pre print on a thank you card and then personalize it.

I used some of the phrases used by the other posters repeatedly as well on our Thank You cards. (we had 65 guests there were only so many phrase to use!) I did made sure to reference the gift given or thank them for the monetary gift/gift card and elude to what would be purchased if we had an item in mind. It was a way to give each card a personalized touch.:) I also hand wrote ours but that was more of my Mother being "Ms. Manners" and insisting! LOL If she hadn't I probably would have done a printed item with a real signiture at the bottom.:D

I used some of the phrases used by the other posters repeatedly as well on our Thank You cards. (we had 65 guests there were only so many phrase to use!) I did made sure to reference the gift given or thank them for the monetary gift/gift card and elude to what would be purchased if we had an item in mind. It was a way to give each card a personalized touch.:) I also hand wrote ours but that was more of my Mother being "Ms. Manners" and insisting! LOL If she hadn't I probably would have done a printed item with a real signiture at the bottom.:D

LOL, for everyone that gave us cash, I told them all I was spending their cash on <item> and "item" was always the same thing, LOL

Ok..so I will be hand writing these!! I don't need to make my mom or anyone else mad at me for not doing the "Right" thing!

Thanks!

:D

Diana

Isnt it funny that personalizing the cards would actually be easier if we could drop a few drops of blood on them, or put some personalized lipstick kissed lips on them...wouldn't that be personal enough?

It would be FAR less painful! :D

After spending months (sometimes even years) planning a wedding and going through with all the festivities, I think we are probably going to be physically and mentally dead to the world. Who wants to come back and write thank you's to everyone???

While it's a chore, it is something you really can't and shouldn't avoid. I pre-addressed all my envelopes for sailing guests and bought mini picture frames to be sent with the thank you cards. I plan to start them within the first week we return. I think it's easier to just get them out of the way early! After 3 bridal showers, I just found it was easier to write everything out and not let it get backed up. Also, we are receiving our wedding gifts already (wedding is 19 days away) so we are writing thank you's as we go. Also, delegate to your hubby. My fiance has written out many thank you cards. :)

I also thought it would be fun to take photographs of the gifts we received (and us using them, when appropriate) but the fiance thought it was such a hokey idea. I thought it would be different and cute, but oh well.

It won't be as bad as you think, as long as you don't let all of them build up. My friend got married last April and STILL hasn't sent out her thank you cards. I give her such a hard time about it. Don't be THAT bride!

Best wishes on your upcoming nuptials!

It's funny you mention the picture frames, we gave silver picture frames with a wedding bell design on them as one of our favors. We included a wallet sized version of one of our favorite wedding pictures to put in the frame with the thank you cards. You all are so right about being kind of burnt out on all the wedding stuff. I was so glad to get that last Thank You card done!:D

Archived