Ft. Lauderdale Back-to-Back

BBfromCA

I will be doing a back-to-back that ends/starts in Ft. Lauderdale.

I know that I will have to go through customs, so I assume that everyone will have to get off the ship before anyone is allowed back on.

Does anyone know at what time (approx) I will be allowed to get back onto the ship?

Not thrilled about standing/sitting around for hours.

Is this a new policy? I don't recall it ever coming up in the past. When I did a back-to-back ending/starting in Puerto Rico I had to clear immigration on board, but didn't have to leave the ship. Nothing is better than sleeping in while everybody else is scurrying off the ship. t seems like an unnecessary inconvenience...but we're seeing more and more of these silly "rules", aren't we.

JoAnne B

Houston

I have not done a back to back on Regent yet, but I did one on Celebrity at Ft. Lauderdale and everyone has to come off, before the authorities cleared it for loading. We were also off about 45 minutes. Many people take this opportunity to grab a cab and go off shopping or to pick up something they need at the store. Others actually do laundry. Regent's area does not have chairs because they get you on so quick there is no reason to sit. I think you need to plan on getting off and do a nice walk around the port, it is fairly walker friendly.

Archived