Destiny Flight Departure Time

mnsawyer

Am potentially looking at the Destiny in March 2005 - love the big thread but wanted to post this separately. Will be doing our own air and there is an 11:00 a.m. flight out of SJU - know this is early but saw on the Capers there was a time/day for those with early departures to let the purser's office know so you can have early debarkation (sp?) but thought it was for 9:30 a.m. flights and earlier?? Does anyone have experience with this on the Destiny? The next available flight is 3:10 p.m. and would prefer to go the earlier one if we can.

Thanks,

Mary

I dont know if I would book a flight for 11am. Things sometimes happens. And why ruin a perfectly great vacation with worrying about making that flight. To take an 11am flight you would need to be at the airport by 9.

On one of my cruises we didnt start getting called until after 10- since lot of people thought they could just get off the ship without clearning their sign and sail card. I would take the later flight- stay onbaord and eat a very liesurly breakfast. Check out cabins I didnt have a chance to stay in- like the suites, and be one of the last people to get off.

You can also opt to do a shore excursion with the cruise lines who will then take you to the airport for your flight

Definately take the later flight. We were the 1st floor called on the Destiny a few weeks back. We had our luggage in hand by 10:15. They had told everyone who had a flight prior to 1pm they could request early departure. The security at SJU is tough we had to present ID and boarding passes 3 different time and make sure to remove your shoes. Oh and don't forgot to go thru the USDA line first. Other wise you have to get out of line and go back to have your luggage scanned by them before you can check it.

Don't do it!!

3 weeks ago we did not get off until 9.30 and we were first off because of a tour.Between the customs disaster (On the ship, in the lounge is where you do customs) and then actually finding your luggage was a disaster. This airport did not let those leaving on soon flights to cut the line (we saw someone have a fit because they were going to miss their flight).There are 3 lines you must go thru.

Steve

Steve

Steveaaaa ~ I see that you were on the Destiny in August. We are seriously considering sailing her in July 2005. We have read mostly terrible reviews. What is your opinion of your cruise? We are in our mid-late 40s. From NYC, this will be our 4th cruise.

Any help would be so appreciated.

Thanks!

You may want to read the entire Destiny thread...it will take you a week!! You'll find some areas that some feel need to improve but I think you can find that on any ship/cruise line. I wasn't that excited about the Destiny until I read the thread...it's incredible and the reviews are so detailed. The itinerary is what is the best and the ship is good as well. Enjoy and it's fun to post to the thread as well! Always get great responses and feedback.

Mary

Steveaaaa ~ I see that you were on the Destiny in August. We are seriously considering sailing her in July 2005. We have read mostly terrible reviews. What is your opinion of your cruise? We are in our mid-late 40s. From NYC, this will be our 4th cruise.

Any help would be so appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Joedog,

This was our second sailing on the Destiny and my 15th with CCL.We are early mids 40s ourselves. I too read the reviews and don't pay attention to most of them.Each person can have a different opinion about something they did not like or was bad to them. Most people will post a complaint rather than praise.This is their way of getting even.They will tell the world on the internet.

Our sailing was a good mix, there was a large group from the bronx who were wonderful. The ports are the trip.The ship is getting old,but with so many ports who cares.The on board activities are the same old stuff, but that is true no matter who you sail with if you sail often. I am sailing CCL this January again. I would rate the cruise an 8. There were somethings that ticked me off, but I am an*l to begin with. The embarkation was great a 10 in my book.The food was OK.We ate in the dining room 5 nights.

I would not hesitate to book this again.The ports are great!!

Steve

Archived