Are visa's needed?

ddoc

My nephew's father is a Turkish national, the nephew is an American. He needs a tourist Visa to enter Turkey. He usually goes in the summer when school is out. He buys the Visa when his flight arrives, it costs $20 and they accept US currency. No visa is required for Americans to visit Italy or Greece.

I have no idea how the cruise lines handle the visa for Turkey or if one is even required for cruise ship passengers. I would call Carnival and ask. Carnival is sadly notorious for faulty answers so I would call a few times and get a consensus.:)

I am not even going to pretend I know alot but if you have a passport why do you need a visa? Do you always buy the visa's in that country?

Not all countries require a Visa. When we go to Australia we have to get a Visa before we leave home.

The passport is for your home country, the visa is for the visiting country.

A passport and a visa are required to cross any international boundary except where the nations involved have an agreement exempting the requirement for their citizens. As an example the United States and Canada do not require a visa for tourists from each nation to visit the other. The exemption is limited by a time period and restricts terms of employment. For an American to stay in Canada for an extended period or to work in Canada would probably require a visa. (and possibly other documents) or vice versa.

Archived