Roll Call - Caribbean Princess 20 Apr 2008

otcsteve

We are sailing on the April 20, 2008 voyage of Caribbean Princess and were hoping to meet some other FOD. We had a blast with those whom we met on her last February!

Let us know if you are going to be on board!

Well, here is a response: :)

Mike, (my partner of 10 years -- Anniversary this Feb 20th!) and I will be taking that cruise (on the Dolphin deck of course .. can you say: Mini-Suite?)

Booked last night (I know, late, but what can I say)... It is my 40th birthday during the cruise and we are looking for table-mates and, in general, friends to hang out with during the cruise.

The last Caribbean Cruise we went on was March of 2007 (Western Caribbean) on the Star Princess. It was our 3rd cruise and our worst. We loved the Star (The Star was the first cruise ship I ever experienced years ago on the Mexican Riviera before the fire) but the weather was rainy and we ended up at Ocho Rios instead of the other Jamaican port that we wanted to go to. People in Jamaica were VERY anti-gay (even though we were NOT flamboyant at ALL .. and NO huggie kissie on the island.). We were snubbed everywhere in port -- But then again, the (VERY GAY -- and OUT) Asst. Cruise Director warned us that Jamaica and Grand Cayman are both VERY anti-gay locations. (He actually suggested the Eastern Caribbean cruise route next time).

We ended up having a FOD meeting (3rd day in I think). It was advertised in the daily newspaper...scheduled without us having to ask--but only 2 couples and 1 single showed up. The Asst. Cruise Director (running the meeting) ended it after an hour even though we were all having a great time. Most of us were so disappointed with the turnout that no one did anything together after that. Not enough people to find similarities -- other than being gay. Princess did hold the meeting an hour before formal night pictures started -- so that might have lessened the number of people showing up.

So, we are trying the Caribbean again this year (different route, though) -- hoping the weather to be better and the turnout to be better.

We would love to meet! Let us know!

Jann

Good Morning Jann and Mike!

It is great to hear from both of you, and on your first posting. We had a group of about four couples that gathered for dinner most evenings on Caribbean Princess last year and had a great time. Have heard from a couple off an on throughout the year, which is nice. Haven't been able to match schedules for another cruise but...that is in the past.

Sam and I have been together for almost 14 years and cruising, as you may have noticed, since 2000.

We'll have to keep in touch and hope that some others will make themselves known ahead of time. If not, we can host our own FOD!

Caribbean Princess has been the one of the most gay-friendly Princess ships we have been on. We also had a blast, but not with FOD, on Coral Princess a few years ago.

What are your plans, if any, for shore tours? We generally are not as active as many but try to sample things as opportunities present themselves.

Looking forward to hearing from you and meeting you on board.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived