Is this link the Hop On, Hop Off Bus?

We are planning a trip to Italy and would like to do most the ports on our own. I have a few questions regarding the link below I found in this forum:

http://www.roma.city-sightseeing.it/eng/index.htm

Is this the hop on hop off bus?

Do you actually get off the bus or does it just drive by?

If it stops, can you explore on your own and catch the next bus, or do you have only a short time at each stop?

Thank you!

We are planning a trip to Italy and would like to do most the ports on our own. I have a few questions regarding the link below I found in this forum:

http://www.roma.city-sightseeing.it/eng/index.htm

Is this the hop on hop off bus?

Do you actually get off the bus or does it just drive by?

If it stops, can you explore on your own and catch the next bus, or do you have only a short time at each stop?

Thank you!

Yes, that is the link to the hop on/hop off bus. It has a number of stops. If you click on the "our tours" on the left hand side, then click on the map, it opens and shows you the two routes. They start at Termini Stazione, but you can board at any of the stops. You can stay on the bus and just ride by if you want to, or get off and catch the next one, I think it says about 30 minutes.

So if I understand correctly, you can stay any length in one place and just hop on the next bus that stops there, and go on to your next stop?

Can you switch between A and B routes, and is this a inexpensive way to get around to sites without paying for a private driver?

Thanks!

So if I understand correctly, you can stay any length in one place and just hop on the next bus that stops there, and go on to your next stop?

Can you switch between A and B routes, and is this a inexpensive way to get around to sites without paying for a private driver?

Thanks!

Yes, from what I understand you take as long as you want at a stop and catch the next bus, I believe it says they run about every 30 minutes. And yes, I think it says you can switch between routes A & B. Sounds like an inexpensive way to see what sights you want to see without paying for a private driver.

And as "cod" says, it looks like there are at least 3 outfits that are operating. I don't think the one on viator.com gives you the 10% discount that this one does.

We used the HOHO in BARCELONA, there are three different routes,A B & C.

You can ride and interchange routes all day long until you're satisfied you've seen as much as there to see on those three routes. Haven't used it anywhere else but I like that idea.

CIAO, :D

Archived