NOS - 1/14-1/19 Mini - review

PACrew

Just got off the NOS on saturday. Great trip. The ship is in great ship..if you told me it was 6 months old, I would not second guess you.

Food: good - hit or miss at some points but overall pretty good.

Room: Promenade stateroom - great choice. We love balconies but would definitely stay in this again for the price

Ship: Excellent

Emb/Debar: Good - waited 20 min to get on, got off without a hitch. The only problem was that there were 7 ships in port everglades and getting a cab to the airport was a 45 min wait.

Activities: great - Best quest i have ever seen..just priceless. The CD did a great job.

Anyone going on her should expect a great time. If you have any questions, just shoot.

Thanks for the review. Can you tell me how the ports were. Did you enjoy Cozumel and Belize and what did you do. Did you bring some adult refreshments on board and if so how.Also how was the weather.

Anything else you can add would be GREAT. Sooooo excited. This is our 1st RCCI cruise. Been on 8 Carnivals only.

THANKS,

Charlie

I was on the 5 night'r - Cozumel and Belize.

Cozumel is Cozumel...basically its any intercity but with Palm trees. We actually did a beach break with an open bar, it was 30 bucks and pretty fun.

Belize - we did a combo snorkel/bannister caye trip. The snorkeling was good, not the best, but defintely a ton to see. Then we went to bannister caye which was awesome. Its this small private island with about 200-300 people only...they had nice chairs and beautiful water. Because there was free rum punch on the boat, we drank that the whole time and needless to say, our crew was "in the bag" by about 1030 am ( the tour leaves at 8am)

As for the dinner, I would recommend the third night. However, a couple caveats...First, there are about 8 menus that the ships use in their carribean itineraries so they could change. For example, the last night on our cruise was supposed to be lobster...however, it wasnt. What we found out was the exec chef refused the lobster order because they were of bad quality and the subsituted a different menu instead. (there were actually people complaining at the pursers desk about this..it was hysterical, i was standing behind them on another matter)

So, for my recommendation, eat in the DR the first two nights and then go to a spec restaurant.

The formal night was the second night. The Ice shows ran on the second, third and fourth day. Because studio b is small, the had the shows over 4 days...its the same show but at least its flexible. ( ON our cruise the ice show ran the second day at 3 and 5 pm, the 3rd day at 4pm, and the fourth day at 9pm --- plan accordingly depending on your dinner. I would ask when your there since this might change depending on the other acts on board)

As for adult refreshemnt, yes, we brought some with us. We are wine drinkers and brought a couple bottles on. We placed them in our checked luggage and didnt have a problem at all. I even heard of some people bringing then in the carry on, but i would recommend against it. If you like wine, the do have the wine and dine package..its not a bad deal, it was like 120 for 5 bottles...pretty good if you ask me. Sign ups are only the first day though.

Weather - sunday was nice, cool though.. our first sea day was mostly cloudy with sun in the late afternoon, same for cozumel, belize was perfect and so was our last sea day.

Other items - dont miss the quest - I have seen it 2 times before and the CD did an awesome job with this one..absolutely hysterical. However, get there early..its in studio b and it was full 20 min before it started.

- the pool side buffet at night after cozumel was great, save some room, the food was pretty good.

Bottom line, you will have a great time. I have been on 12 other cruises and this ship by far is the best one i have ever been on. Is the food as great as celebrity, no, but its good and everything else makes up for it.

Have a blast.

First seating was 6 most nights...it was 630 the first night.

I did not hear anything about the zoo in belize. However, I did hear the town area is a not very nice.

Promenade was great -- we were in 7293 which was in the middle. The have all the regulars - bed, sofa, window sofa, hair dryer...etc. It was nicely equiped and plenty of room for two people. The views were good.

The cd was Kieron Buffery - pretty funny/ goofy guy. He is good. The Captain was Rick sullivan. Great guy, really friendly and personable. However, our cruise was his last and he was leaving for the Monarch of the Seas. I dont know who is on her now.

Hope that helps

Everything stayed on EST.

Quest - adult scavenger hunt...trust me, its hysterical..just go.

Belize and Cozumel...

Jewelry shop is nice but I recommend looking at home first so you can gauge the prices. I think you might have better luck in cozumel then on the ship. I found the ship prices not that cheap. (but they were better than the states)

I was on the 5 night'r - Cozumel and Belize.

Cozumel is Cozumel...basically its any intercity but with Palm trees. We actually did a beach break with an open bar, it was 30 bucks and pretty fun.

Belize - we did a combo snorkel/bannister caye trip. The snorkeling was good, not the best, but defintely a ton to see. Then we went to bannister caye which was awesome. Its this small private island with about 200-300 people only...they had nice chairs and beautiful water. Because there was free rum punch on the boat, we drank that the whole time and needless to say, our crew was "in the bag" by about 1030 am ( the tour leaves at 8am)

As for the dinner, I would recommend the third night. However, a couple caveats...First, there are about 8 menus that the ships use in their carribean itineraries so they could change. For example, the last night on our cruise was supposed to be lobster...however, it wasnt. What we found out was the exec chef refused the lobster order because they were of bad quality and the subsituted a different menu instead. (there were actually people complaining at the pursers desk about this..it was hysterical, i was standing behind them on another matter)

So, for my recommendation, eat in the DR the first two nights and then go to a spec restaurant.

The formal night was the second night. The Ice shows ran on the second, third and fourth day. Because studio b is small, the had the shows over 4 days...its the same show but at least its flexible. ( ON our cruise the ice show ran the second day at 3 and 5 pm, the 3rd day at 4pm, and the fourth day at 9pm --- plan accordingly depending on your dinner. I would ask when your there since this might change depending on the other acts on board)

As for adult refreshemnt, yes, we brought some with us. We are wine drinkers and brought a couple bottles on. We placed them in our checked luggage and didnt have a problem at all. I even heard of some people bringing then in the carry on, but i would recommend against it. If you like wine, the do have the wine and dine package..its not a bad deal, it was like 120 for 5 bottles...pretty good if you ask me. Sign ups are only the first day though.

Weather - sunday was nice, cool though.. our first sea day was mostly cloudy with sun in the late afternoon, same for cozumel, belize was perfect and so was our last sea day.

Other items - dont miss the quest - I have seen it 2 times before and the CD did an awesome job with this one..absolutely hysterical. However, get there early..its in studio b and it was full 20 min before it started.

- the pool side buffet at night after cozumel was great, save some room, the food was pretty good.

Bottom line, you will have a great time. I have been on 12 other cruises and this ship by far is the best one i have ever been on. Is the food as great as celebrity, no, but its good and everything else makes up for it.

Have a blast.

Thanks for the update PACrew. We're on her 2/11. What's the name of the beach excursion you did for $30pp with free drinks? Did it include mixed drinks and beer? Thanks for help!

Its a beach break something. Its at a resort called Playa Mia. It included an open bar of beer, mixed drinks, frozen drinks, water..etc. However, dont expect grey goose...its local booze...but still strong.

Archived