Any Independent Catamaran Tours to Nevis?

BDSou812

It seems that the cruiselines have all the catamaran operators under contract when the ships are in port.

I searched endlessly for an independent tour for our stop in St. Kitts in Jan. 07 and could not find a single one. Too bad because in my opinion, the Fan Ta Sea Catamaran excursion offered through Carnival was too crowded. We had previously booked a catamaran excursion in Barbados on our own and had about 12 pax total on board and on the Carnival excursion we had about 50 on the same size cat.

I can't say that we didn't have a good time on the Carnival tour, it was just the fact that we did not get much personal service or space on that tour. It felt cramped. Keep in mind that others have loved the Carnival excursion and din't feel crowded at all. This is just my opinion.:)

Hope that helps.

You're welcome! :)

That price sounds right...I think we paid $119 PP. That's a lot of money for a catamaran sail. Again, I hate to sound like we didn't enjoy it, we did (and that yummy Rum Punch!). Pinney's Beach was beautiful, wished we had more time there. The lunch was good, the crew was very nice. The snorkeling at ****tins Bay was just so-so, but still OK. It was a long sail to and from the ship, people did get wet on the ride...and I don't think they had expected to! And thinking back, we didn't have any time to shop before or after the excursion.

All in all, I would say we are glad we did it, but we wouldn't do it again.

There are two operators of Catamarans from St Kitts to Nevis. Blue Water Safaris & Leeward Island Charters. They have the same itinerary -Basseterre to the SE Peninsula for snorkeling then to Nevis for lunch on the beach near the Four Seasons resort. Blue Water Safaris is the operator that the cruise ships use, Leeward Island Charters is not.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Also trying to find out about booking a cat trip to Nevis but the 2 companies mentioned have contracts with Carnival and will not take private bookings. The same trip from the Tour Store is reasonably priced but returns at 4 pm and that is when our ship leaves! Do they change the times for cruise ship passengers? Or are we stuck paying the $ 122.00 and booking through Carnival?

Anybody know?

Thanks!

Archived