Best time to cruise in Hawaii???

IScubaSlo

Whens the best weather to cruise in Hawaii, between Jan-March?

Tahitian Princess 2/2003

Grand Princess 3/2002

Windstar 12/2000

Dawn Princess 12/1998

Dawn Princess 11/1998

Nordic Empress 2/1998

Splendor of the Seas 12/1997

Windward 12/1996

Windward 12/1995

Starward 12/1994

You can expect some rain at any point in those months. We cruised the first week of January. We had gorgeoous weather. The week before us and the week after us had horrible weather.

The rains shift depending on the wind and where on the islands you are....the only predicting is to be ready. It hardly ever rains the entire day...usually it is sunny and, oops theres a little shower blowing off the mountains.

Feb and Mar and about the same. Mostly sunny but you just might hit a week of possible shower conditions. I dont think anyone really watches the weather report here anyway...the weather index is nearly always 5 out of 5.

Just have reasonable expectations. Hawaii is wonderful all year round.

NCL Star 1/04

What's Next? Alaska 2005 - Ask me about an official CC group!

Jan Feb And some of March is what the Hawaiians consider thier rainy season although they rarely have all day rains as us mainlanders have

The falls are the fullest in April and May and there is no Island you will be disappointed with

They are all beautiful in thier own way and you

will not find people more friendly or more willing to help you than on these Islands.My DH

and I have been to the Islands 5 times and we have always been sad to leave as you probably

have guessed it is our favorite spot.

emmylou.Aloha

• 1 month later...

We just spent the last week of January and the first week of February in Hawaii. It rained every day - but only at night. Daytime was beautiful; sunny and warm. The water was great and weather did not interfere with anything we wanted to do.

We cruised Hawaii in 2002, and again, had exceptional weather. We're going back in 2005 starting the first week of March for our son's wedding. They decided to get married on Maui since his fiance` is from Australia.

Be sure to go when you can see whales. I think February is an exceptional month for that.

I have about 50 photos posted here:

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4074962&a=31166402&f=

About half are underwater since I scuba dive and we both snorkel, the remainder are on land.

'89 Commodore/Caribe I

'92 NCL/Westward

'96 NCL/Seaward

'99 RCI/Rhapsody Of The Seas

'00 RCI/Legend Of The Seas

'01 Princess/Ocean Princess

'02 RCI/Vision Of The Seas

'03 Princess/Sea Princess

TAHITIAN PRINCESS 02/11/05

I use an Olympus C5050 with an Olympus PT-015 housing. I only used the internal flash because I do not yet have an external setup. The camera is apparently out of production but refurbs can still be found on eBay for about $400 +/-, and the housing runs about $150 +/- about $20.

It's a great setup and very popular with divers. The camera has full manual control capabilities, which provides for better underwater pictures. The pictures you saw were taken completely in the automatic mode, not using manual controls whatsoever. I am not yet that proficient with the manual mode to use it underwater, but I'm working on it. My pictures should improve when I do this.

'89 Commodore/Caribe I

'92 NCL/Westward

'96 NCL/Seaward

I agree, nice underwater photos!

The one picture that you had a question mark on - I would agree looks like a bluestripe snapper (Hawaiian name ta'ape). Fairly good eating too. icon_smile.gif

Spleen

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</a>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;9;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  until RSSC Navigator - Canada - 6/04

Carnival Conquest - W. Caribbean - 10/03, Celebrity Infinity - Alaska - 6/03, Ocean Princess - Alaska - 7/02

Thanks for the compliments on the pictures.

Spleen, thanks for the help with ID of the snapper. He was curious little guy who just sat there posing for me so I snapped his pic. However, I neglected to do a side shot for a positive ID. Many of these photos are at vaious locations on Oahu, including Hanuama Bay. The dolphins were off Waianae. I loved the diving in Oahu.

'89 Commodore/Caribe I

'92 NCL/Westward

'96 NCL/Seaward

10X - ah, those spinners must be the ones off Makua Beach in Waianae. I used to go there relatively regularly to snorkel with them until my car got broken into ... and haven't been back since then. icon_smile.gif

Spleen

time98.gif</a>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;9;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  until RSSC Navigator - Canada - 6/04

Carnival Conquest - W. Caribbean - 10/03, Celebrity Infinity - Alaska - 6/03, Ocean Princess - Alaska - 7/02

Spleen,

On the right side of this picture you can see what appears to be a small beach. It was here that we saw the spinners.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4074962&a=31166402&p=67548500

'89 Commodore/Caribe I

'92 NCL/Westward

'96 NCL/Seaward

'03 Princess/Sea Princess, back-to-back

'04 Hawaii, 2 weeks on land

It COULD be Makua -- but a little hard to tell from this angle (I'm used to looking out at the ocean from the beach, not the other way around) icon_smile.gif

Spleen

time98.gif</a>

Archived