Child Care

g8r

What are the child-care options for port visits? My wife and I are bringing our 15 month old with us, and plan on using the babysitting services provided in the evenings. We are unaware of their services while inport.

I believe there arent any babysitting options while at port. I thought for a 15 month old they are only available at night. I most definately could be wrong though. If your child is above 3 and potty trained you can use Camp Carnival. They change things from time to time though. I can say you can feel very confident your little one is in good hands.

We took our 11 month old last month. They have babysitting on port days until 12 noon, on sea days from 12pm-2pm or 1pm-3pm, and every night from 10pm-3am. They did an excellent job, and even more of an excellent job after we tipped them. I do suggest tipping as you go in this case. They insist that you need to pick the babies up by noon because they take the rest of Camp Carnival to lunch at the buffet and it's too hard to watch the little ones with the other kids.

We found a number of shore excursions that returned by 12pm. After our excursion we picked our son up and did an afternoon beach day.

We only booked excursions through Carnival. According to the shore excursion 1800 number at Carnival all you have to do is let the staff know if you might be late so they can arrange someone to stay with the baby. However, the Camp Carnival people really didn't seem like that was an option. Best to book an excursion that says that they will be back by 11:00am so that you really are back by noon. The shore excursion people just want to sell excursions.

The Carnival website lists this information under the age two program.

If you have any other questions about cruising with a little one, feel free to ask. There's also more info on the Family Cruising board.

Archived