Sauna and steam room

jones721

We are sailing on Costa Serena in March and have already sailed on the Magica and Altantica. Liked our Costa experiences (one in Med, back to back in Caribbean) and especially liked the price!

Now some of the new ships have the Samsara Spa, is there still a sauna and steam room for general use. We like to nip in the sauna / whirlpool / steam room late afternoon and don't really want to have to pay a fee. How does it now work? The steam room was free on Costa Magica was there was no Samsara Spa.

On NCL, there was a daily fee or a weekly fee to use the spa which I didn't pay and therefore the only facilitity I could use was a small sauna inside the ladies changing room.

After reading some of these posts, I really don't know why there is so much negative feedback about Costa. For a lot of people, this is their main holiday that they are really looking forward to and reading some of these posts is very off putting and puts a dampner on things. We have sailed with many cruise lines and know what we like and 'dislike' about each (although dislike is far too strong a word to use).

We are taking my sister and her family (they have crusied with us before but not Costa) and I am actually getting worried now that they will not like this cruise. Thankfully I have sailed Costa in the Med before and am already aware of some of the problems we may encounter but hopefully they will have a great time.

Tracey

We are sailing on Costa Serena in March and have already sailed on the Magica and Altantica. Liked our Costa experiences (one in Med, back to back in Caribbean) and especially liked the price!

Now some of the new ships have the Samsara Spa, is there still a sauna and steam room for general use. We like to nip in the sauna / whirlpool / steam room late afternoon and don't really want to have to pay a fee. How does it now work? The steam room was free on Costa Magica was there was no Samsara Spa.

Don't know but would love to find out! I have been on the Magica and the Mediterranea (in fact just returned from the Med cruise last week) and they had both stream room and sauna and I enjoyed both, but who can say what the policy is with this new Samsara Spa concept!

We had some whiney people on our cruise too....felt like it didn't "cater" to Americans enough, or something like that. Hello! It's an Italian cruise line! I like the diversity of passengers and especially all the pastas!!!! :)

Jeff

Hi !

On the ships, that have the Samsara Spa onboard, there is still a free sauna for you to enjoy ! So now you have a choice - pay for the "deluxe" experience or enjoy the free one.

Tin

Thanks, and steam room / whirlpool for general use? ie not the whilrpool where you have to put on a robe and then go outside to the one where all the people are? But one near the changing area / steam room? I like to go between the 3!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks, and steam room / whirlpool for general use? ie not the whilrpool where you have to put on a robe and then go outside to the one where all the people are? But one near the changing area / steam room? I like to go between the 3!

Sorry it took so long - just back from Serena ! I'm sorry to tell you , that the sauna is located in the men's changing room for the fitness. so you would have to go outside to deck 9 to reach the nearest whirlpool. Any more questions - just ask

Tin

Yes , we did the Canaries itinerary. My english isn't so brilliant to write a full review, but i can answer any questions you might have ( but maybe it should be done in another thread... ).

for starters , here is a web site of a German woman, who sailed the same route, with lots of pictures / in German :::

http://www.manus-hobbyseite.ch/5201/318501.html

Tin

• 7 years later...

Hi all, just noticed that this thread is from some years ago, so would like to know if it is still the case that, even with Samsara Spa, there is still a 'free' sauna for pax (I know some have it in the gym but not sure if still free). I am considering Costa Mediterranea for November, thus the question :-)

Many thanks! Very useful. Quite surprised that a few of the ships seem to offer so much for free. I was sure the Thalassotherapy (or similar) on the Atlantica and Mediterranea was charged for. Interesting that they seem to have a steam room too on the changing rooms.